Physician - Medical Director - MO Poison Center - Clayton MO
Saint Louis, MO
Medical Director - Missouri Poison Control - Clayton MO
Medical Director - Missouri Poison Center - St. Louis, MO
- Full Time 1.0 FTE
- Mon - Fri (flexible hours) with on call responsibilities
- Join a collaborative team under the Dept of Cardinal Glennon
- Clinical Consultation for patients of all ages throughout the state of MO
- Oversight of the patient care toxicology services of the Poison Center for the state of Missouri
- Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and capital allocations; (2) Managed care
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Accredited by the American Association of Poison Control Centers
- REQUIRED: Medical Board Certification - subspecialty Board Certification in Medical Toxicology
Responsible for providing clinical supervision, clinical consultation, develop of medical guidelines, professional education and staff development for the Missouri Poison Center. Additionally, provides assistance to director in quality assurance activities, departmental policy and administration of grants and contracts while demonstrating active involvement in toxicology as evidenced by education, research and publications..
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff members for holidays, vacations and other time off. Responsible for the standard of practice for patient population. Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical decision making within the office during times of service.
St. Louis, Missouri, is an affordable place to live with 2.8 million residents and activities for everyone! Highlights include the world renown St. Louis Arch, the St. Louis Symphony, Fox Theater, Art Museum, Science Center, Missouri Botanical Gardens and one of the best zoos in the country. St. Louis is a big-league city where the best fans in baseball cheer on the 11-time World Series champions - the St. Louis Cardinals - along with the 2019 Stanley Cup winning NHL St. Louis Blues. In 2023, an MLS expansion team, St. Louis City SC, began playing for the city.
Pick a lifestyle - St. Louis has it - the city itself boasts diverse, iconic neighborhoods and proud heritage. Revitalized urban areas include Benton Park, Soulard, the Central West End, the downtown loft district, The Grove and Tower Grove South neighborhoods. Easily accessible suburbs offer award winning public, private and parochial schools. You'll find diverse worship and cultural opportunities through the metropolitan area. The proliferation of exceptional institutions of higher education, including Washington University, St. Louis University, and University of Missouri demonstrates that education is a priority for St. Louis.
Access to Outdoor Activities
Access to Parks
Access to Restaurants
Cost of Living
Median Home Value
Posted February 26, 2024