Penn State Health
Anesthesiologists | Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center
Penn State Berks
Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center is seeking a BC/BE Anesthesiologist to join our team. You'll join an outstanding team at our 204-bed state-of-the-art hospital and health campus. This is an excellent opportunity for anesthesiologists to enjoy a high-quality of life while providing care within a community of approximately 400,000.
What we're offering:
- Call is 1:3-4, with post call day off, guaranteed
- Required to work independently as well as supervise others (supervising 99% of cases)
- 6,000 OR cases annually, 700+ deliveries annually (50% epidural rate), approximately 100 hearts annually
- Surgeries include: orthopedics, obgyn, urology, neurosurgery (95% spine cases), cardiology (TAVR, watchman, ASD/PFO), very few peds
- BC/BE in Anesthesia with completion of a Cardiothoracic Anesthesia fellowship OR TEE Certification
- Must be able to obtain an unrestricted license in the state of Pennsylvania
- Must be able to obtain valid federal and state narcotics certificates
- Current American Heart Association BLS and ACLS certification required
About Penn State Health
Located in Central Pennsylvania, the Penn State Health system offers inviting and safe communities to live, work, play, and learn. The surrounding neighborhoods boast a reasonable cost of living whether you prefer a more suburban setting or thriving city rich in theater, arts, and culture. The area is rich in history and offers all the beautiful inspiration of the four seasons. You’ll discover numerous opportunities for day trips, local adventures, outdoor and indoor activities. We're conveniently located within a short distance to major cities such as Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, NYC, Baltimore, and Washington DC. Nearby airports and Amtrak stations along with close proximity to major interstates make living in Central Pennsylvania convenient and fulfilling from both professional and personal perspectives.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
Access to Parks
Access to Outdoor Activities
Access to Restaurants
Cost of Living
Median Home Value
Posted February 7, 2024