City of Hope
Physician | Thoracic Medical Oncologist | Duarte, CA
Department of Medical Oncology & Therapeutics Research | City of Hope National Medical Center | Duarte, CA
The Department of Medical Oncology & Therapeutics Research at City of Hope National Medical Center is seeking a medical oncologist who, in addition to general oncology, specializes in thoracic, upper aerodigestive, and head and neck cancers.
This position is a rare opportunity to work in a 450+ member integrated, multidisciplinary Medical Group Practice serving an NCI designated comprehensive cancer center in highly desirable Southern California. City of Hope is an expanding institution in both numbers of patients per year as well as infrastructure investment in clinical, academic and research facilities
· As a faculty member, you will have access to our generous annual 401k and healthcare benefits, etc. Our current benefits are:
o Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, life, Malpractice, CME allowance, 20 days paid vacation, 3 personal days, 18 sick days, 7 holidays, and 10 CME days.
o 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan: 20% of base salary not to exceed the plan (compensation limit of $305,000) and/or IRS annual compensation limit.
o Annual academic improvement fund up to $5,000
· Base Salary: $300k - $400k (base pay commensurate with qualified academic rank). Additional recruitment incentives available!
o The salary range listed is exclusively for base compensation for full-time employment and does not include incentive compensation or benefits. Actual compensation will be adjusted for experience, training, hospital/community need and other factors.
· Physicians working for City of Hope Medical Group are now eligible to apply for the Public Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program
· Relocation offered on a case-by-case basis
· Open to 2024 graduating fellows
· Experience working in an academic medical center that delivers both clinical and translational research to patients diagnosed with cancer (preferred)
· Be well versed in the state of cancer care and the latest research and innovations
· The ideal candidate must participate in clinical research relevant to thoracic and aerodigestive oncology and a preference to do research as shown by submission of publications and presentations on international and national stages.
· Applicants must have an M.D. or M.D./Ph.D. or equivalent degree, fellowship trained, and Board certified/eligible in Medical Oncology
· The selected candidate for the position must be eligible to obtain or already hold an active California medical license
Access to Outdoor Activities
Access to Restaurants
Access to Parks
Median Home Value
Posted February 26, 2024