Volunteer Teaching Opportunity – Uganda – Housing Provided
Kabale University School of Medicine (KABSOM)
Health Volunteers Overseas
Inpatient and outpatient
- Working with the academic staff of KABSOM, HVO volunteers will support the training of medical students and residents in Ob-Gyn. Volunteers will work with obstetrics, pediatrics, nursing, and midwifery staff to improve skills and knowledge in neonatal and pediatric resuscitation, postpartum hemorrhage, eclampsia, and other topics identified by the site.
- Assignment: 1-4 weeks
- Teaching Topics: Obstetrics & gynecology – all topics; ultrasound, operative vaginal delivery, hysteroscopy, laparoscopy, neonatal and pediatric resuscitation, postpartum hemorrhage, and eclampsia of particular interest
- Opportunities for Those-in-Training: Final year residents accepted if accompanied by a faculty member.
- Qualifications: Board eligible/certified (active or retired) physician in the areas of general obstetrics and gynecology, urogynecology, oncology or maternal-fetal medicine.
- Activities: Clinical training, continuing education, didactic training, faculty/staff training, formal lecturing, mentoring
- Housing: Housing provided.
- Companions: Suitable for companion/spouse; not suitable for children
Posted December 17, 2019