Penn State Health
Seeking General Neurosurgeon to Expand Neurosurgical Care in Central Pennsylvania
Penn State Health
Penn State Health is seeking a BC/BE General Neurosurgeon to join our multidisciplinary team in the Lancaster-Berks region. The successful candidate will be based at Penn State’s new Lancaster Medical Center and will direct neurosurgical services at this facility. This is an exciting opportunity to play an essential role in our vision to expand access to leading-edge neurosurgical care in Central Pennsylvania.
What we’re offering
- Join a well-established multi-disciplinary neurosurgery team with sites in across the Central Pennsylvania region in Hershey, Reading, Lancaster, and Camp Hill.
- This is a full-time faculty position within the Penn State Department of Neurosurgery and includes an academic appointment with the Penn State College of Medicine.
- Position provides the opportunity to collaborate with academic colleagues on programmatic development and clinical trials, as well as the potential for an education role working with medical students and residents.
- The role is supported by an experienced, full-time, neurosurgery-dedicated physician’s assistant.
What we’re seeking
- M.D., D.O., or foreign equivalent
- BC/BE Neurosurgery
- Ability to acquire a license to practice in the State of Pennsylvania
- Must be able to obtain valid federal and state narcotics certificates
- Central PA offers a low cost of living and high quality of life.
- Excellent public schools with many ranking in the top 20% in the state.
- Offering a vibrant urban area surrounded by small town rural communities which affords exceptional cultural opportunities including the Harrisburg Symphony, museums, farmer’s markets and some of the finest dining in the region.
- For the outdoors enthusiast, we have ample opportunities for hiking, biking, rowing, skiing, and hunting. For sports lovers, we are home to the American Hockey League’s Hershey Bears, the Washington Nationals AA Baseball’s Harrisburg Senators, and the Williams Grove Speedway.
- South Central Pennsylvania is an exceptional combination of rural, suburban, and city living is within a 2-hour drive to weekend destinations such as the Poconos’s, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Annapolis, and Baltimore, and only a 3-hour drive from New York City, Pittsburgh, and the eastern shore.
About Penn State Health
Located in Central Pennsylvania, the Penn State Health system offers inviting and safe communities to live, work, play, and learn. The surrounding neighborhoods boast a reasonable cost of living whether you prefer a more suburban setting or thriving city rich in theater, arts, and culture. The area is rich in history and offers all the beautiful inspiration of the four seasons. You’ll discover numerous opportunities for day trips, local adventures, outdoor and indoor activities. We're conveniently located within a short distance to major cities such as Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, NYC, Baltimore, and Washington DC. Nearby airports and Amtrak stations along with close proximity to major interstates make living in Central Pennsylvania convenient and fulfilling from both professional and personal perspectives.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
Access to Outdoor Activities
Access to Parks
Access to Restaurants
Cost of Living
Median Home Value
Posted January 17, 2024