Physician - Internal Medicine - Optum, CO
Colorado Springs, CO
Optum Colorado is looking for a BC/BE Family Medicine or Internal Medicine Physician for our Colorado Springs clinic.
Our approach to care uses the primary care provider’s office as the center of a patient’s care. Our providers work as a team, coordinating with specialists, nutritionists, social workers, behavioral health professionals, pharmacist clinicians, and many others. The full care team includes nurses, medical assistants, and ancillary staff that work with you to ensure you are able to practice at “Peak Of License”.
Optum is a family of more than 70,000 doctors and 1,450 neighborhood clinics across the country.
- As a Primary Care Physician, you will provide full scope primary care services
- Examine diagnose and treat patients for acute and chronic conditions or concerns injuries, infections, and illnesses
- Counsel and educate patients and families about acute and chronic conditions or concerns
- Complete timely and thorough documentation using our EMR system
- Formulate diagnostic and treatment plans
- Prescribe and administer medications, therapies, and procedures
- Order lab and imaging tests to determine and manage an immediate treatment plan and provide advice on follow up
- Responsible for the coordination of care with specialists and appropriate ancillary services
- Completes all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner
- Maintain quality of care standards as defined by the practice
- Supervise Physician Assistants / Nurse Practitioners as needed
- Dragon and AI charting available
- Practice Manager on-site
- Dedicated support, so clinicians can focus on practicing at “Peak of License”
- Each clinician has a dedicated MA
- Possibility of 4-day work week
- 36 or 32 Patient Contact Hours / 4 Admin Hours
- 2000 Average Patient Panel per Physician
- Full spectrum of primary care procedures
- Weekday Call: Average one evening per week
- Weekend Call: Average 1 weekend every 6 weeks
- Average/Goal of 18 - 20 patients per day
- The culture is one of cohesion and clinic transformation
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community or our local organizations
- M.D. or D.O.
- Must have completed an accredited residency in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- Must be board certified in FM or IM or Board Eligible for Medical Residents
- Active Colorado Medical License or ability to obtain prior to employment
- Active DEA or ability to obtain prior to employment
- Experience in providing patient care under a population health model
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $244,000 to $341,300 per year. Salary Range is defined as total cash compensation at target. The actual range and pay mix of base and bonus is variable based upon experience and metric achievement. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Access to Parks
Access to Outdoor Activities
Access to Restaurants
Median Home Value
Posted February 27, 2024