Volunteer Teaching Opportunity – Cambodia – Calmette Hospital and the National Cancer Center
Calmette Hospital and the National Cancer Center
Health Volunteers Overseas
Inpatient and outpatient
- Working with local staff, HVO volunteers will support the development and advancement of patient and operational protocols and procedures at Calmette Hospital and the National Cancer Center. Additionally, volunteers will improve the knowledge and skills of pediatric and adult hematologists, oncologists, nurses and other personnel through clinical and didactic training.
- Assignment: 2 weeks
- Teaching Topics: Hematology – all topics (adult & pediatric)
- Opportunities for Those-in-Training: Fellows accepted in final six months of training
- Qualifications: Board-certified in hematology and/or blood banking (clinicians or lab-based scientists); individuals with PhD must be certified in hematopathology or pathology with demonstrated experience in hematopathology; current license to practice (active or retired) for clinical training; retired without current license can provide didactic training
- Activities: Clinical training, continuing education, didactic training, faculty/staff training, mentoring, protocol development, system evaluation
- Housing: Volunteer responsible for housing; information on nearby facilities provided.
- Companions: Suitable for companion/spouse; suitable for children
Posted December 17, 2019