Penn State Health
Pediatric Gastroenterology Division Chief | Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Penn State Health
Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is recruiting a Division Chief in the Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology.
· Join a growing team of 6 full time physicians, 2 full time nurse practitioners, and a full complement of ancillary staff including 2 GI nurses with one specialized in IBD, feeding therapists, social workers, dieticians, and administrative staff
· High quality academic and clinical program
· Academic appointments at the Associate or full Professor rank are based upon qualifications
· Nationally recognized and fully supported feeding clinic that includes outpatient feeding therapy, nutritionists, and psychologists
· Infusion Center in the Children’s Hospital for easy administration of biologics for our IBD patients
· Healthy work/life balance
· Medical degree – MD, DO, or foreign equivalent
· Fellowship trained, BC/BE in Pediatric Gastroenterology
· Minimum 5 years pediatric gastroenterology experience
· Eligible for the rank of Associate Professor or higher
· Proven leadership experience in an academic healthcare environment
· A strong commitment to patient care, medical student and resident education and research/scholarly activity is necessary
Penn State Health
· Penn State Health is a multi-hospital health system serving patients and communities across central Pennsylvania.
· The Children’s Hospital celebrated a new era of patient and family centered care with the completion of a three-floor vertical expansion in October 2020 to meet the needs of children and families in central Pennsylvania who count on us for care. As the only children's hospital between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia fully equipped to treat the most severely ill children, Penn State Health Children's Hospital expanded our role as the region's pediatric health care leader.
· Among the first hospitals in the nation to be named a Level 1 Children’s Surgery Center by the American College of Surgeons Children’s Surgery Verification Program.
· We are the only medical facility in Pennsylvania to be accredited as a Level 1 pediatric trauma center and Level 1 adult trauma center.
· The system includes Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Penn State Health Children’s Hospital and Penn State Cancer Institute based in Hershey, Pa.; Penn State Health Hampden Medical Center in Enola, Pa.; Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center in Camp Hill, Pa.; Penn State Health Lancaster Medical Center in Lancaster, Pa.; Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center in Reading, Pa.; Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute, a specialty provider of inpatient and outpatient behavioral health services, in Harrisburg, Pa.; and 2,450+ physicians and direct care providers at 225 outpatient practices. Additionally, the system jointly operates various healthcare providers, including Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital, Hershey Outpatient Surgery Center and Hershey Endoscopy Center.
About Penn State Health
Located in Central Pennsylvania, the Penn State Health system offers inviting and safe communities to live, work, play, and learn. The surrounding neighborhoods boast a reasonable cost of living whether you prefer a more suburban setting or thriving city rich in theater, arts, and culture. The area is rich in history and offers all the beautiful inspiration of the four seasons. You’ll discover numerous opportunities for day trips, local adventures, outdoor and indoor activities. We're conveniently located within a short distance to major cities such as Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, NYC, Baltimore, and Washington DC. Nearby airports and Amtrak stations along with close proximity to major interstates make living in Central Pennsylvania convenient and fulfilling from both professional and personal perspectives.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
Access to Outdoor Activities
Access to Parks
Access to Restaurants
Median Home Value
Posted January 17, 2024