Volunteer Teaching Opportunity – Nepal – Nepal Medical College & Teaching Hospital
Kathmandu Medical College & Teaching Hospital
Health Volunteers Overseas
Inpatient and outpatient
- Volunteers will act as mentors to young physicians seeking to develop expertise in pediatric dermatology and improve pediatric dermatology care in Nepal. Volunteers will also provide lectures and clinical training to residents and may also assist with faculty and staff training.
- Assignment: 2-4 weeks
- Teaching Topics: Dermatology – all pediatric topics; hemagiomas, vascular malformations, and pediatric dermatology surgery of particular interest
- Opportunities for Those-in-Training: No
- Qualifications: Board certified or eligible and hold a current license to practice dermatology in the United States or Canada (active or retired). International members of AAD (those who reside outside the US or Canada and have board certification equivalent to that of the American Board of Dermatology or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada) may serve as volunteers at the discretion of the HVO project director; board certification in pediatric dermatology or special expertise in that area required
- Activities: Clinical training, continuing education, faculty/staff training, formal lecturing, mentoring
- Housing: Volunteer responsible for housing; information on nearby facilities provided.
- Companions: Suitable for companion/spouse; suitable for children
Posted December 17, 2019