Infectious Disease Opportunity in Lafayette, LA
Ochsner Lafayette General Medical Center
Ochsner Lafayette General-Infectious Disease
Ochsner Lafayette General is seeking a BC/BE Infectious Disease physician in Lafayette, LA. Ochsner Health is an integrated healthcare system with more than 36,000 employees and over 4,600 employed and affiliated physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties. It operates 47 hospitals and more than 370 health and urgent care centers across LA, MS and AL and the Gulf South.
-Inpatient and Outpatient
-Flexible schedule available if desired
- Licensed to practice medicine in Louisiana by date of hire
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Paid vacation, holidays and CME
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
-Additional benefit options focused on physical, financial, social and mental health
-Retirement options (401k, 403b and 457b)
-Malpractice and tail insurance
Why Choose Ochsner Health:
- Flexible schedules to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
- Integrated health care delivery model with multi-specialty collaboration, large internal referral network and innovative resources dedicated to improving patient care and your ease of practice.
- Physician-led organization that ensures our providers are given the tools and support needed to care for patients.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, physician leadership and community service.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the health system to enhance flexibility in patient management.
- Our dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is demonstrated by hiring a workforce that celebrates individual uniqueness among people and cultures. We focus our efforts in key areas that correlate back to our core values of Patient First, Compassion, Integrity, Inclusivity, Excellence and Teamwork.
The Acadiana/Lafayette region is a family-friendly community that is steeped with creole and Cajun culture, surrounded by exceptional food, traditional live entertainment and world-class festivals all year-round. Lafayette is home of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette with a student enrollment of approximately 19,000 students. The Universities Ragin Cajuns are members of the Sun Belt conference which compete in the NCAA's Division I. Ochsner Lafayette General Medical Center (OLGMC), located in the heart of Lafayette, evolved from Lafayette Sanitarium, a six-bed facility that opened in 1911 and has been a leader in healthcare throughout its existence. OLGMC is a level 2 trauma center for the Acadiana Region. Lafayette's population is approximately 121,000 people while the 9 parish region encompasses about 650,000 people. Located conveniently off I-10 and 2 1/2 hours from New Orleans and 3 1/2 hours from Houston. Come live where you can hunt and fish year round which is why LA is known as Sportsman's Paradise!
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
About Ochsner Health
Ochsner Health is an integrated healthcare system with a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate. Celebrating 80 years in 2022, it leads nationally in cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, liver and heart transplants and pediatrics, among other areas. Ochsner is consistently named both the top hospital and top children’s hospital in Louisiana by U.S. News & World Report. The not-for-profit organization is inspiring healthier lives and stronger communities. Its focus is on preventing diseases and providing patient-centered care that is accessible, affordable, convenient and effective. Ochsner Health pioneers new treatments, deploys emerging technologies and performs groundbreaking research, including over 700 clinical studies. It has more than 36,000 employees and over 4,600 employed and affiliated physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties. It operates 47 hospitals and more than 370 health and urgent care centers across Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and the Gulf South; and its cutting-edge Connected Health digital medicine program is caring for patients beyond its walls. In 2021, Ochsner Health treated more than 1 million people from every state and 75 countries. As Louisiana’s top healthcare educator, Ochsner Health and its partners educate thousands of healthcare professionals annually. To learn more, visit www.ochsner.org.
Access to Parks
Access to Restaurants
Access to Outdoor Activities
Cost of Living
Median Home Value
Posted January 23, 2024