Volunteer Teaching Opportunity – Uganda – Housing Provided
Kabale University School of Medicine (KABSOM)
Health Volunteers Overseas
- Working with the academic staff of KABSOM, HVO volunteers will support the training of medical students and pediatric residents. Volunteers will also work with pediatrics personnel to improve skills and knowledge, focusing on subspecialties identified by KABSOM.
- Assignment: 1-4 weeks
- Teaching Topics: Pediatrics – neurology, nephrology, oncology, cardiology, and neonatology of particular interest
- Opportunities for Those-in-Training: Final year residents accepted if paired with an appropriate preceptor.
- Qualifications: Board eligible/certified (active or retired) pediatrician and pediatric subspecialists
- Activities: Clinical training, continuing education, didactic training, faculty/staff training, formal lecturing, mentoring
- Housing: Housing provided.
- Companions: Suitable for companion/spouse; not suitable for children
Direct hire positions are pre-vetted by Doximity and allow streamlined access to phone screens for qualified candidates.
Posted March 15, 2021