Penn State Health
Penn State Health is Seeking a Pediatric Cardiologist To Join The Team | Sign-On, Competitive Comp + More
Penn State Health Children’s Heart Group is seeking a dedicated Outpatient Pediatric Cardiologist who has the desire to develop a community-based practice that will align itself with local hospitals and neonatology practices, provide personalized services to pediatricians and family practice providers in these communities, and grow the practice in these cities.
Our team of providers consists of 12 board-certified pediatric cardiologists, 6 adult congenital cardiologists, 5 advanced practice providers, and support staff. Our cardiologists have expertise in pediatric cardiology, adult congenital heart disease (ACHD), interventional cardiology, cardiac imaging and MRI, fetal cardiology, electrophysiology, preventive cardiology, and telemedicine
The ideal candidate has at least one to three years of clinical experience and demonstrated excellence in outpatient pediatric cardiology care
- Supported by on-site clinical support staff and sonography services
- Academic position as an assistant or associate professor of pediatrics at Penn State College of Medicine
- Team providing full-service congenital heart disease care, including complex neonatal surgery; catheterization, and electrophysiology procedures
- The Echocardiography laboratory at Penn State Children’s Hospital is accredited in pediatric transthoracic, pediatric transesophageal, and fetal echocardiography
- Fetal cardiology abilities are desirable, but not required. Fetal cardiologists provide services to these areas at present, however, a cardiologist with this skill set would be able to utilize it in this practice location.
- Opportunity to participate in the inpatient service is optional, based on applicant preference.
- We are seeking someone BC/BE trained in Pediatric Cardiology.
- M.D., D.O., or foreign equivalent
- Candidates must be board-certified or board-eligible in pediatric cardiology and able to obtain an unrestricted PA license.
- BLS and PALS certification is required.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Sign-on bonus and Relocation assistance,
- CME time and funds,
- LTD and Life insurance, and so much more!
- Penn State University tuition discount for employees and dependents
Penn State Health has opened a new pediatric outpatient center in Lancaster. The new 47,000-square-foot Penn State Health Children’s Lancaster Pediatric Center opened in 2022 and houses more than 40 exam and consultation rooms. It provides a full spectrum of care for children including 20 medical and surgical pediatric specialty and subspecialty services. It also offers consultations with psychiatrists and behavioral health specialists.
Forbes magazine describes Lancaster as a “newly hip Victorian city—just three hours from New York City—is still one of the U.S.’s best-kept secrets. The center of Amish country is bucolic but boasts a bustling food scene and is quickly becoming a cultural hotbed. The architecture is the real star, so explore the alleys and cobblestone streets by foot, checking out the many repurposed old warehouses that house thriving businesses... The arts are central to Lancaster’s growth, notably the stunning Fulton Theatre and neighboring Prince Street, Lancaster’s gallery row, which pulses with art on summer first Fridays.”
Access to Outdoor Activities
Access to Parks
Access to Restaurants
Cost of Living
Median Home Value
Posted January 15, 2024