Volunteer Teaching Opportunity – Uganda – Uganda Cancer Institute (UCI)
Uganda Cancer Institute (UCI)
Health Volunteers Overseas
- Partnering with UCI, HVO volunteers will work to develop and implement a structured gynecologic oncology training program, promote sustainability and acceleration of gynecologic cancer care training for Ob-Gyn physicians and residents, and facilitate multidisciplinary care and collaboration among clinical oncology, radiation oncology and pathology.
- Assignment: 2 weeks
- Teaching Topics: Gynecologic oncology – all topics; pathology, cervical cancer, colposcopy and radiation oncology of particular interest
- Opportunities for Those-in-Training: No.
- Qualifications: Physicians & nurses specialized in oncology, pathology and/or radiation; board-certified or in active practice for at least 5 years
- Activities: Clinical training, continuing education, curriculum development, didactic instruction, faculty/staff training, formal lecturing, mentoring
- Housing: Housing provided for a reasonable fee.
- Companions: Suitable for companion/spouse; suitable for children
Posted March 13, 2021