University of Southern California - Keck School of Medicine
Join Keck School of Medicine for a Fulfilling Family Medicine Career | Competitive Benefits + More
The Department of Family Medicine of the Keck School of Medicine of USC (DFM) is seeking a faculty physician to join our Primary Care practice and serve at one of our clinics in the greater Los Angeles area. This candidate will take pride in providing exceptional comprehensive, full spectrum, high-quality care in a patient-centered way. They will embrace the Family Medicine approach of caring for those who are ill by promoting wellness through high-tech and holistic approaches to all ages.
Who We Are:
Keck Medicine of USC is a rapidly growing healthcare system that, in partnership with Keck School of Medicine (KSOM), strives to be the trusted leader in quality healthcare that is personalized, compassionate, and innovative. The Department of Family Medicine is leading the growth and development of primary care services at Keck Medicine of USC and is committed to providing high-quality care to patients and their families in the context of their community. Clinical services include a growing team-based private practice that works collaboratively with medical specialists and other professionals including:
- Pharmacy, occupational therapy, and behavioral health to provide interdisciplinary care to our patients and their families
- Comprehensive specialty care services co-located to provide valuable consultation and collaboration
- A street medicine program to care for the most vulnerable in our community
- A two-site state-of-the-art student health center
- An HIV fellowship program and Residency Program
Our excellence in geriatric health care has earned us national recognition from U.S. News World Report Best Hospitals
We have an energetic and visionary Chair who also serves as the Associate Dean of Primary Care, and is committed to partnering with Keck Medicine and community organizations to bring innovative primary care to communities in need and to expand our presence throughout the greater Los Angeles community. Some of these initiatives include:
- Building a high-tech, high-touch residency program focused on training a diverse, culturally congruent healthcare workforce to be leaders in building innovative, evidence-based interventions that utilize cutting-edge technologies to deliver patient-centered care focused on eliminating healthcare disparities.
- Growth of our Street Medicine program for unsheltered residents of Los Angeles County by flipping our model of care to bring medicine to people where they live.
- Growing primary care services in Keck multi-specialty practice locations, as well as strategically building relationships with community providers and creating new models of care that make access easier for patients and families
- Growth and development of our faculty and staff by creating a culture that embraces inclusion and continuous learning and improvement
Our providers are allotted time to develop their teaching and research interests with resources available to foster professional development including:
- Research: We are currently ranked #9 nationally among Family Medicine Departments across the country in NIH funding.
- Teaching: Various opportunities such as precepting medical and PA students, mentoring, advising, or teaching medical students and PA students.
USC offers a competitive salary within an academic environment based on the candidate’s experience and accomplishments and also offers excellent benefits to employees. The annual base salary range for this position is $223,642 - $250,856. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Access to Outdoor Activities
Access to Parks
Access to Restaurants
Median Home Value
Posted February 16, 2024