WMC Health Network
Psychiatrist Position - Port Jervis Bon Secours Charity Health Systems -Minimum base salary $275K +
Port Jervis, NY
Bon Secours Community Hospital
Join Our Team: Psychiatrist Position at Bon Secours Community Hospital
Are you a dedicated Psychiatrist looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients? Bon Secours Community Hospital is seeking a compassionate and experienced Psychiatrist to join our team. As a key member of our Behavioral Health and Chemical Dependency units, you will provide direct patient care in accordance with industry standards and guidelines, ensuring the highest quality of care for our patients.
- Provide primary patient care on our Inpatient Mental Health Unit and chemical dependency unit.
- Attend Court Proceedings as needed for legal proceedings associated with patient care.
- Serve as a Consultant and Liaison with Medical Floors, Emergency Department, and Nursing Homes.
- Deliver Tele-Psychiatric Services in collaboration with St. Anthony Hospital.
- Offer on-call services one night a week and one weekend a month to support patient needs.
- Complete Peer Reviews with insurance carriers to determine medical necessity and prior authorizations for medications/care.
- Oversee compliance with electronic records and accurate billing for each encounter.
- Collaborate with the Administrator regarding Policy and Procedure, Utilization, and Productivity.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of Psychiatric evaluations and discharge summaries.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Experience: Completion of psychiatric residency; inpatient treatment preferred.
- Education: M.D. with Board Certification in Psychiatry and/or Addiction preferred.
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group is part of Bon Secours Charity Health Systems (BSCHS), a regional network of over 120 primary care physicians and specialists. Our network includes Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY, and St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including health insurance, dental, vision, retirement savings plan, flexible saving account, paid time off, holidays, and tuition reimbursement.
Join Our Team Today: Take the next step in your career and join us in providing exceptional psychiatric care to our community. Apply now and become a valued member of our team at Bon Secours Community Hospital.
Please email CV/Cover letter to Karina.Matamoros@wmchealth.org
About WMC Health Network
The Westchester Medical Center Health Network (WMCHealth) is a 1,700-bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York, with 10 hospitals on eight campuses spanning 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. WMCHealth employs more than 12,000 people and has nearly 3,000 attending physicians. From Level 1, Level 2 and Pediatric Trauma Centers, the region’s only acute care children’s hospital, an academic medical center, several community hospitals, dozens of specialized institutes and centers, skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, homecare services and one of the largest mental health systems in New York State, today WMCHealth is the pre-eminent provider of integrated healthcare in the Hudson Valley.
Hiring Salary Summary: $275k-350k We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits: We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including health insurance, dental, vision, retirement savings plan, flexible saving account, paid time off, holidays, and tuition reimbursement.
Access to Restaurants
Access to Outdoor Activities
Cost of Living
Median Home Value
Posted February 7, 2024