General Surgery - U.S. Navy (Part-time).
New York, NY
America's NAVY is seeking fully trained US board certified & licensed General Surgeons.
Categorically matched residents practicing in the U.S. may also apply and be eligible for other incentives.
Navy Medicine has opportunities for physicians to serve part-time while maintaining their civilian practice. Navy physicians typically enjoy an accelerated career track, with opportunities to care for the medical needs of the brave men and women who serve our country, their families, and other beneficiaries who have served. It’s a great responsibility—and an honor of the highest order. The rewards for meeting such challenges are, of course, also great.
As a Navy Reserve Officer, you’ll have ample opportunity to see the world while maintaining your civilian practice. It really is the best of both worlds. You serve your country and stay true to yourself. Drill one weekend per month locally, plus one two-week period annually.
You may also take part in humanitarian relief efforts stateside and around the world, collaborating with fellow military doctors and other healthcare professionals while partnering with International Relief Teams and organizations such as FEMA, USAID and Project Hope.
To qualify, you must be a U.S citizen, currently practicing medicine, and between the ages of 21 and 64; you must pass the Navy’s physical, legal, and security screenings; and you must meet credential requirements.
• Qualification for a bonus of up to $75,000 (included in estimated compensation) or $40,000 per year student loan repayment (with a cap of $250,000)
• Three-year involuntary deployment deferment
• Access to commissary, exchange, and base facilities
• A $400,000 Servicemen's Group Life Insurance policy
• Health and dental insurance for you and your family through Tricare Reserve Select
• Military retirement for 20 good years, plus thrift savings plan
• Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits
• Home loans through the Department of Veterans Affairs
Access to Outdoor Activities
Cost of Living
Best cities to live
Best cities for young professionals
Best cities to raise a family
Median Home Value
Posted December 27, 2022