Per Diem - Nurse Practitioner, Senior Community Care -Lower Fairfield County CT
$5,000 Sign-on Bonus for External Candidates
Optum Home & Community Care, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is creating something new in health care. We are uniting industry-leading solutions to build an integrated care model that holistically addresses an individual’s physical, mental and social needs – helping patients access and navigate care anytime and anywhere.
As a team member of our Senior Community Care (SCC) product, we work with a team to provide care to patients at home in a nursing home, assisted living for senior housing. This life-changing work adds a layer of support to improve access to care.
We’re connecting care to create a seamless health journey for patients across care settings. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
We're fast becoming the nation's largest employer of Nurse Practitioners; offering a superior professional environment and incredible opportunities to make a difference in the lives of patients. This growth is not only a testament to our model's success but the efforts, care, and commitment of our Nurse Practitioners.
- Certified Nurse Practitioner through a national board - For NPs: Graduate of an accredited master’s degree in Nursing (MSN) program and board certified through the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioners (AG AC NP), Adult/Family or Gerontology Nurse Practitioners (ACNP), with preferred certification as ANP, FNP, or GNP
- Active and unrestricted license in the state which you reside
- Current active DEA licensure/prescriptive authority or ability to obtain post-hire, per state regulations (unless prohibited in state of practice)
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- Ability to lift a 30-pound bag in and out of car and to navigate stairs and a variety of dwelling conditions and configurations
- Availability to work 24 hours per month, with expectations that 16 of the 24 hours/month could be during off-hours (after 5 pm, on weekends, and/or holidays) not to exceed 960 hours in a calendar year
- Ability to gain a collaborative practice agreement, if applicable in your state
- 1+ years of hands-on post grad experience within Long Term Care
- Understanding of Geriatrics and Chronic Illness
- Understanding of Advanced Illness and end of life discussions
- Proficient computer skills including the ability to document medical information with written and electronic medical records
- Ability to develop and maintain positive customer relationships
- Adaptability to changeConnecticut Residents Only: The hourly range for Connecticut residents is $42.31 to $83.27 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Access to Outdoor Activities
Access to Restaurants
Access to Parks
Median Home Value
Posted February 27, 2024