Volunteer Teaching Opportunity – Honduras – Housing Provided
Hospital Escuela, Hospital San Felipe, & the Cancer Center Emma Callejas
Health Volunteers Overseas
- Volunteers will provide teaching and training in surgical, gynecological and pediatric oncology to staff (physicians, nurses, lab personnel, etc.), residents and students at three hospitals in the capital city of Tegucigalpa. Training activities fall under four main categories: cancer control, pediatric/surgical oncology seminars & workshops, curriculum development, and student & resident education.
- Assignment: 1 week
- Teaching Topics: Oncology – all topics
- Opportunities for Those-in-Training: Final year oncology fellows and or physicians who recently completed fellowships will be accepted if paired with an appropriate preceptor.
- Qualifications: Surgical and gynecologic oncologists, laboratory professionals & pharmacists, specialized in oncology; certified in specialty; active practice for at least 5 years
- Activities: Case presentations, clinical training, continuing education, curriculum development, departmental conferences, didactic instruction, faculty/staff training, formal lecturing, grand rounds, mentoring, protocol development, research advising
- Housing: Volunteer responsible for housing; information on nearby facilities provided.
- Companions: Suitable for companion/spouse; not suitable for children
Posted March 15, 2021