Volunteer Teaching Opportunity – Tanzania – Bugando Medical Center (BMC)
Bugando Medical Center (BMC)
Health Volunteers Overseas
- Working with the staff of BMC, HVO volunteers will support the training of orthopaedic residents and interns through clinical and didactic instruction in the operating room and clinic. Volunteers will accompany and assist in supervising residents to outreach programs at Kagondo St. Joseph Hospital and Shirate Hospital in the nearby town of Musoma. Volunteers will also work with orthopaedic staff at BMC to improve skills and knowledge of orthopaedic staff in subspecialty topics.
- Assignment: 2-4 weeks
- Teaching Topics: Orthopaedics – all topics; spine surgery of particular interest
- Opportunities for Those-in-Training: No
- Qualifications: Board eligible/certified; current license to practice (active or retired)
- Activities: Clinical training, continuing education, didactic training, faculty/staff training, mentoring, surgical training
- Housing: Volunteer responsible for housing; assistance and information on nearby facilities provided.
- Companions: Suitable for companion/spouse; not suitable for children
Posted March 14, 2021