Volunteer Teaching Opportunity – Uganda – Mulago Hospital of Makerere University
Mulago Hospital of Makerere University
Health Volunteers Overseas
- Volunteers participate in teaching residents in the Masters of Medicine of Orthopaedic Surgery Program as well as teaching orthopaedic assistants, medical students and physicians at the national teaching hospital. Surgeons also conduct clinics and operating sessions with Ugandan doctors in upcountry regional hospitals.
- Assignment: 2-4 weeks
- Teaching Topics: Orthopaedics – all topics; spine surgery, hand surgery, reconstructive surgery, and pediatric orthopaedics of particular interest
- Opportunities for Those-in-Training: Final year residents accepted with an appropriate preceptor.
- Qualifications: Board eligible/certified; current license to practice (active or retired); minimum of 1 year experience
- Activities: Clinical training, continuing education, didactic instruction, faculty/staff training, formal lecturing, grand rounds, mentoring
- Housing: Housing provided for a reasonable fee.
- Companions: Suitable for companion/spouse; suitable for children
Posted March 15, 2021