Neonatal Hospitalist | Take great care of the patient, every day and in every way
Exciting Opportunity To Develop A New Neonatal Hospitalist Program in Southern California
We're seeking two BC/BE Pediatricians for a new Neonatal Hospitalist program at Palmdale Regional Medical Center in Palmdale, CA.
- Hospitalists are responsible for caring for unassigned well newborns, attending high risk deliveries, resuscitation and stabilizing sick babies for transport to our affiliated Level III NICU at Huntington Memorial Hospital in Pasadena.
- The Labor and Delivery service at the hospital started in June and is anticipating 1,200 deliveries/year.
- There is 24-hour in house OB Hospitalist coverage.
- Once up and running, we are expecting an average of 5 - 10 normal newborn exams/day.
- There are plans to open a 6-bed level II NICU in the near future.
- Flexible work/life balance schedule with 24-hour call from home shifts.
- The ideal candidate will have an active CA license.
Palmdale is a city north of Los Angeles and lies in the Antelope Valley region of Southern California. The area offers great restaurants, shopping, parks, amenities, golf courses and more. They're also perfectly positioned for an easy drive to world-class skiing, fishing, hiking and entertainment which you will be able to enjoy with more than 300 days of sunshine a year!
Effective November 1st, 2021 Mednax will require all employees and new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they qualify for an approved medical and/or religious exemption.
Posted November 16, 2021