Conversations exchanged on Doximity reflect the views of a diverse community of clinicians. Doximity is intended to be a safe and respectful space for expression and discussion. We require members to conduct themselves in the same professional manner as they would offline.
What Types of Comments Is Doximity Interested In?
Doximity is interested in comments that are respectful, thoughtful, relevant to the content they are posted on, and intended to provoke discussion that furthers the medical field. Please share your thoughts, opinions, questions, and insight! Others are here to learn from and engage with you.
What Types of Comments Is Doximity NOT Interested In?
Doximity acknowledges and respects the value of different opinions, and our policies reflect this impartiality. Still, we ask that members refrain from posting inappropriate, inaccurate, or objectionable content on any Doximity platform. Consider your audience when sharing something that may offend others and don’t use Doximity as a soapbox.
We reserve the right to remove content that we deem inappropriate, examples of which are listed below:
- Discriminatory remarks based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, nationality, veteran status, sexual orientation/gender identity, or medical specialty;
- Offensive or non-professional remarks and opinions;
- Unprofessional communications directed at particular credentials;
- Obscenity, vulgarity, or profanity;
- Advertising, solicitations, or spam;
- Defamatory personal attacks, insults, or threats;
- Trolling or cross-posting across the network;
- Off-topic commentary or SHOUTING;
- URLs posted without context or accompanying text;
- Spreading false or misleading information;
- Posting comments that disclose personally identifiable health information of patients or otherwise violate patient privacy.
Please note that the above is not an exhaustive list. We reserve the right to remove comments that are not consistent with our community guidelines as described herein.
Why Does Doximity Moderate Comments?
Doximity aims to provide a forum for medical professionals to engage in productive and substantive conversation. By moderating comments, we ensure that our members have a safe space to communicate on topics of medical interest.
While almost all comments are posted, as they are appropriate and on-topic, Doximity moderators will remove disruptive comments at our discretion. Doximity’s Editorial Team makes these decisions carefully and with the health of Doximity’s vibrant community in mind.
Doximity welcomes opinions and criticism of our platform, and will not hesitate to approve such comments. However, personal attacks against our team will not be permitted, and any criticism should be relevant to the subject matter of the article.
Bullying and harassment
Doximity does not tolerate bullying or harassment. We encourage members to speak freely on matters of public or professional interest, but we reserve the right to remove content that targets members or groups with the intention of degrading or shaming them. Our goal is for members to feel empowered. We will protect the right of all members to be treated with dignity and respect.