Dr. Jahangir is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1215 21st Ave S
Nashville, TN 37232Phone(615) 936-7846Fax(615) 343-5783
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- University of TennesseeResidency, Orthopedic Surgery, 2004 - 2008
- University of TennesseeInternship, Transitional Year, 2003 - 2004
- Memphis Hospital Medical CollegeClass of 2003
Certifications & Licensure
- MN State Medical License 2008 - 2014
- TN State Medical License 2007 - 2022
- MS State Medical License 2005 - 2015
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Surgery
- A Prospective Randomized Trial to Assess Fixation Strategies for Severe Open Tibia Fractures:Modern Ring External Fixators versusInternal Fixation Start of enrollment: 2011 Jul 01Krause, P.C.,Frisch, H.M.,Rehman, S.,Higgins, T.F.,Hak, D.J.,Marsh, J.,Gorczyca, J.T.,Reid, J.S.,Agarwal, A.,Crichlow, R.J.,Cannada, L.K.,Teague, D.C.,Gary, J.L.,McKinley, T.O.,Ricci, W.M.,Phieffer, L.S.,...
- Orthopaedic Patient Recognition of Attending Improves Satisfaction Evaluations (Orthopaedic PRAISE Study) Start of enrollment: 2011 Jan 01Brent J Morris, MD and Alex Jahangir, MD
Publications & Presentations
- Effect of Intrawound Vancomycin Powder in Operatively Treated High-risk Tibia Fractures: A Randomized Clinical Trial.Robert V. O’Toole, Manjari Joshi, Anthony R. Carlini, Clinton K. Murray, Lauren E. Allen, Yanjie Huang, Daniel O. Scharfstein, Nathan N O'Hara, Joshua L. Gary, Michael...> ;JAMA Surgery. 2021 May 1
- 17 citationsThe Orthopaedic Trauma Service and COVID-19: Practice Considerations to Optimize Outcomes and Limit Exposure.Daniel J. Stinner, Christopher LeBrun, Joseph R Hsu, A. Alex Jahangir, Hassan R. Mir> ;Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma. 2020 Jul 1
- Effectiveness of Iodophor vs Chlorhexidine Solutions for Surgical Site Infections and Unplanned Reoperations for Patients Who Underwent Fracture Repair: The PREP-IT Ma...Gerard P. Slobogean, Sheila Sprague, Jeffrey Wells, Mohit Bhandari, Jean-Claude D'Alleyrand, Anthony D. Harris, Daniel C. Mullins, Lehana Thabane, Amber Wood, Gregory ...> ;JAMA network open. 2020 Apr 1
- Join now to see all
- Vanderbilt University Medical CenterNashville, Tennessee
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: