Dr. Alfonso is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1230 E Main St.
Mankato, MN 56001Phone(507) 385-4114
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Abel Alfonso is an endocrinologist in Woodbury, MN. He received his medical degree from Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSU-COM) in 2001 and completed his endocrinology fellowship at Walter Reed Army Medical Center (WRAMC) in 2006. He is Board Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) in Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism. Dr. Alfonso specializes in the management of diabetes, thyroid, parathyroid, pituitary and adrenal gland disorders, as well as low testosterone in men and osteoporosis. He is a U.S. Veteran and fluent in English and Spanish.
Education & Training
- Walter Reed National Military Medical CenterFellowship, Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, 2004 - 2006
- San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education ConsortiumResidency, Internal Medicine, 2001 - 2004
- Michigan State University College of Osteopathic MedicineClass of 2001
Certifications & Licensure
- MN State License 2015 - 2022
- NM State License 2014 - 2015
- CO State License 2013 - 2023
- NE State License 2013 - 2014
- VA State License 2008 - 2014
- FL State License 2002 - 2022
- American Board of Internal Medicine Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FACE) American Association of Clinical Endocrinology
Publications & Presentations
- 7 citationsEffect of an accelerometer on body weight and fitness in overweight and obese active duty soldiers.Merica Shrestha, Travis M. Combest, Stephanie J. Fonda, Abel Alfonso, Arthur F. Guerrero> ;Military Medicine. 2013 Nov 12
- 12 citationsTraumatic Brain Injury-Related Hypopituitarism: A Review and Recommendations for Screening Combat VeteransArthur F. Guerrero, Abel Alfonso> ;Military Medicine. 2010 Aug 1
- 22 citationsIncidence and clinical significance of elevated macroprolactin levels in patients with hyperprolactinemia.Abel Alfonso, Kimberly I Rieniets, Robert A. Vigersky> ;Endocrine Practice. 2006 May 1
- Join now to see all
- Midwest Endocrinology SocietyMember
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: