Dr. Shrikhande is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office18 East 41st Street
New York, NY 10017Phone(646) 481-4998Fax(646) 481-4998
- Is this information wrong?
- I am board certified Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation specialist, and am the Vice Chair of the Medical Education Committee for the International Pelvic Pain Society. I work with other experts in the field of chronic pelvic pain to develop training modules for residents and physicians interested in learning about the diagnosis, treatment and management of chronic pelvic pain. I am an expert on pelvic health and a respected researcher, author and lecturer, and a recognized authority on male and female pelvic pain diagnosis and treatment.
Formerly affiliated with Weill Cornell, I helped to found the Weill Cornell Medical Center Women’s Health Musculoskeletal Outpatient Clinic and she is the founder of Pelvic Rehabilitation Medicine.
Education & Training
- NYU School of MedicineResidency, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, 2009 - 2012
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical CenterInternship, General Surgery, 2007 - 2008
- Royal College of Surgeons IrelandClass of 2007
Certifications & Licensure
- IL State Medical License 2020 - 2023
- TN State Medical License 2020 - 2021
- MA State Medical License 2020 - 2021
- GA State Medical License 2020 - 2023
- TX State Medical License 2020 - 2022
- MD State Medical License 2019 - 2023
- MI State Medical License 2019 - 2022
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- 2 citationsA Novel, Non-opioid Treatment for Chronic Pelvic Pain in Women with Previously Treated Endometriosis Utilizing Pelvic-Floor Musculature Trigger-Point Injections and Pe...Kathy Plavnik, Amy L. Tenaglia, Charity K. Hill, Tayyaba Ahmed, Allyson A. Shrikhande> ;Pm&r. 2020 Jul 1
- 3 citationsA preliminary study to determine if a muscle pain protocol can produce long-term relief in chronic back pain patients.Norman J. Marcus, Allyson A. Shrikhande, Bill McCarberg, Edward J. Gracely> ;Pain Medicine. 2013 Aug 1
- Persistent Genital Arousal Disorder Treatment AbstractOctober 18th, 2017
- 7 Thoughtful Gifts for Mother's Day to Ease Her Chronic PainMay 2nd, 2017
- Some Doctors Turning to Food Instead of Pills to Treat AilmentsJanuary 19th, 2017
- Join now to see all
- Lenox Hill HospitalNew York, New York
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: