Dr. Jain is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office601 N. Caroline St.
Baltimore, MD 21287Phone+(144) 328-70198
- Is this information wrong?
- Amit Jain, MD, is a Johns Hopkins spine surgeon serving patients in the Baltimore and Howard County regions. Dr. Jain specializes in comprehensive surgical care of the spine in adults and children.
He is an expert in cervical (neck) and lumbar (back) problems, as well as in scoliosis and spinal deformities. Dr. Jain employs the latest minimally-invasive (MIS), motion-sparing, and robotic surgical techniques to achieve the best outcomes for his patients. His philosophy is to take care of patients with respect and compassion, as he would want his own family treated.
Dr. Jain trained at the top-notch Emory Spine Center for his combined Orthopaedic and Neurosurgical Spine fellowship. Previously, he was an Orthopaedic Surgery resident at the Johns Hopkins Hospital, where he was awarded the prestigious Frank L. Coulson Award for Clinical Excellence, and the Byank Award for Leadership. Dr. Jain graduated as the class speaker for his medical school class at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, and he graduated with High Honors in Bioengineering from UC Berkeley.
Passionately committed to serving and advocating for spine patients through his clinical, educational, and research efforts, Dr. Jain has published more than 150 scientific articles and book chapters. As a thought leader, he has been invited to speak at more than 100 national and international conferences, and won numerous awards.
For appointments, please call 443-997-2663 or 443-287-0198.
Education & Training
- Emory UniversityFellowship, Spine Surgery, 2017 - 2018
- Johns Hopkins UniversityResidency, Orthopedic Surgery, 2012 - 2017
- Johns Hopkins UniversityClass of 2012
- University of California, BerkeleyBS, Bioengineering, High Honors, 2004 - 2008
Certifications & Licensure
- MD State Medical License 2018 - 2022
- GA State Medical License 2017 - 2019
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Surgery
Publications & Presentations
- Appropriate Opioid Use After Spine Surgery: Psychobehavioral Barriers and Patient KnowledgeRafa Rahman, Sara Wallam, Bo Zhang, Rahul Sachdev, Emmanuel L. McNeely, Khaled M. Kebaish, Lee H. Riley, David B. Cohen, Amit Jain, Sang H. Lee, Daniel M. Sciubba, Ric...> ;World Neurosurgery. 2021 Mar 19
- Health Care Resource Utilization in Commercially Insured Patients Undergoing Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion for Degenerative Cervical PathologyMajd Marrache, Andrew B. Harris, Varun Puvanesarajah, Micheal Raad, Hamid Hassanzadeh, Lee H. Riley, Richard L. Skolasky, Mark C. Bicket, Amit Jain> ;Global Spine Journal. 2021 Jan 1
- Thoracolumbar spinal fractures associated with ground level falls in the elderly: An analysis of 254,486 emergency department visits.Zachary J. Grabel, Matthew P. Lunati, Dale N Segal, Nathan R Kukowski, S. Tim Yoon, Amit Jain> ;Journal of clinical orthopaedics and trauma. 2020 Sep 1
- Join now to see all
- Stop That Scalpel: Many Kids with Open Bone Breaks Can Heal Safely Without SurgeryDecember 10th, 2014
- No Anti-Clotting Treatment Needed for Most Kids Undergoing Spine SurgeriesJuly 15th, 2014
- Hip, Thigh Implants Can Raise Bone Fracture Risk in ChildrenFebruary 16th, 2011
- Join now to see all
- AO SpineMember
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: