Dr. Kersten is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office21 Turtle Creek Dr
Asheville, NC 28803Phone(828) 274-4555Fax(828) 274-8348
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Andrew Kersten is an orthopedic surgeon in Asheville, NC and is affiliated with Margaret R. Pardee Memorial Hospital. He received his medical degree from Indiana University School of Medicine and has been in practice 10 years. He specializes in orthopedic sports medicine and shoulder surgery and is experienced in shoulder & knee osteoarthritis/arthroplasty, revision shoulder arthroplasty, sports medicine, rotator cuff tears, anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction, cartilage repair, and shoulder dislocations.
Education & Training
- University of California (San Diego) Medical CenterSports Medicine, 2012 - 2013
- Beaumont HealthResidency, Orthopaedic Surgery, 2007 - 2012
- Indiana University School of MedicineClass of 2007
Certifications & Licensure
- NC State Medical License 2013 - 2022
- CA State Medical License 2012 - 2014
- MI State Medical License 2007 - 2012
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow Award for Top Paper Herodicus Society, 2012
Publications & Presentations
- 24 citationsPosterior augmented glenoid designs preserve more bone in biconcave glenoidsAndrew D. Kersten, Cesar Flores-Hernandez, Heinz R. Hoenecke, Darryl D. D'Lima> ;Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery. 2015 Jul 1
- 1 citationsSuture Capsulorrhaphy Versus Capsulolabral Advancement for Shoulder InstabilityAndrew D. Kersten, Meredith Fabing, Scott Ensminger, Constantine K. Demetropoulos, Ross Cooper, Kevin C. Baker, Kyle Anderson> ;Arthroscopy. 2012 Oct 1
- Suture Capsulorraphy Versus Capsulolabral Advancement for Shoulder InstabilityKersten A, Fabing M, Ensminger S, Demetropolis D, Cooper R, Baker K, Anderson K, Arthroscopy, 10/2012
- Dr. Andrew Kersten Joins Southeastern Sports MedicineFebruary 13th, 2016
- Fellow Research AwardScripps Clinic Medical Group2012–2014
- North Carolina Orthopedic SocietyMember
- Margaret R. Pardee Memorial HospitalHendersonville, North Carolina
- Clinical/Lab Instructor, Consultant, Arthrex
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: