Dr. Haykal is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office3555 W. 13 Mile Rd
Royal Oak, MI 48073Phone(248) 551-3302
- Is this information wrong?
- Ayman Haykal, MD, is a neurologist and epileptologist at Beaumont Health in Royal Oak, Michigan. After earning his medical degree from Damascus University School of Medicine in Syria, he completed his neurology residency at University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis. He had fellowship training in clinical neurophysiology and epilepsy at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville. His clinical interests include treatment of drug-resistant epilepsy, neurostimulation and epilepsy surgery. He serves as the Medical Director of the Adult Epilepsy Monitoring Unit at Beaumont Health, Royal Oak.
Skills & Expertise
- Deep brain stimulation, Vagal nerve stimulation, Electroencephalography, Refractory epilepsy, Epilepsy surgery
Education & Training
- Vanderbilt University Medical CenterFellowship, Clinical Neurophysiology, 2010 - 2012
- University of Tennessee College of MedicineResidency, Neurology, 2007 - 2010
- Damascus University Faculty of MedicineClass of 2005
Certifications & Licensure
- MI State Medical License 2012 - 2022
- PA State Medical License 2010 - 2012
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Neurology
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Epilepsy
Publications & Presentations
- 8 citationsBrain-responsive corticothalamic stimulation in the centromedian nucleus for the treatment of regional neocortical epilepsy.David E. Burdette, M. Ayman Haykal, Beata Jarosiewicz, Rachel R. Fabris, Gabe Heredia, Kost Elisevich, Sanjay E. Patra> ;Epilepsy & Behavior. 2020 Sep 9
- 11 citationsA Therapeutic Approach to Psychogenic Nonepileptic Seizures.M. Ayman Haykal, Brien Smith> ;Current Treatment Options in Neurology. 2015 Aug 8
- 1 citationsNew observations in primary and secondary reading epilepsy: excellent response to levetiracetam and early spontaneous remission.M. Ayman Haykal, Amro El-Feki, Hasan H. Sonmezturk, Bassel Abou-Khalil> ;Epilepsy & Behavior. 2012 Apr 1
- Join now to see all
- American Clinical Neurophysiology SocietyFellow
- Syrian American Medical Society - SAMSMember
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: