Dr. Cooper is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office5133 N Central Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85012Phone+1 602-264-0608Fax+1 602-234-0417
- Is this information wrong?
- I am a California native, having graduated Magna Cum Laude from University of California, Riverside followed by a Masters Degree in Public Health from UCLA. I earned my Medical Doctorate from Wake Forest University School of Medicine while on scholarship from the U.S. Navy.
After completing my surgical internship at Naval Medical Center San Diego, I volunteered to provide medical support for U.S. Marine Corps Infantry out of Camp Pendleton as part of Operation Iraqi Freedom. During eight months in Falluja, Iraq I served as Battalion Surgeon of 2nd Battalion, 1st Marine Regiment. During this combat tour I was awarded two Navy Commendation Medals (one with Combat Valor), as well as the Purple Heart (the first Purple Heart awarded to a Navy physician in nearly 30 years).
Following my service to the Marine Corps I completed residency training in urology at Naval Medical Center San Diego, one of the largest military medical centers in the world. After graduating residency, I was transferred to Naval Hospital Jacksonville, FL. There I served as Chief of Urology for the past four years prior to returning home to the Southwest as a member of the Affiliated Urologists team.
My broad general urological expertise includes genitourinary cancer, stone disease, prostatic enlargement, erectile dysfunction, incontinence, infertility, vasectomy reversal, and prosthetic surgery. Additionally, I have extensive experience in robotic and microsurgical applications.
Education & Training
- Naval Medical Center (San Diego)Residency, Urology, 2005 - 2010
- Naval Medical Center (San Diego)Residency, Surgery, 2005 - 2006
- Wake Forest School of Medicine of Wake Forest Baptist Medical CenterClass of 2002
- Naval Education and Training Center, Officer Indoctrination SchoolNo degree, With distinction, 1999
- University of California, Los AngelesM.P.H., Epidemiology, With honors, 1998
- University of California, RiversideB.S., Major in Biochemistry, Minor in Psychology, Magna Cum Laude, 1996
Certifications & Licensure
- MT State Medical License 2015 - 2017
- AZ State Medical License 2015 - 2024
- FL State Medical License 2011 - 2017
- CA State Medical License 2003 - Present
- American Board of Urology Urology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- AZ Business Magazine Healthcare Leadership Award – FINALIST 2018
- Healthcare Leadership Award � Finalist AZ Business Magazine, 2018
- Navy Commendation Medal 2015
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- 7 citationsCase Report: Anaphylaxis Following Cystoscopy With Equipment Sterilized With Cidex® OPA (Ortho-Phthalaldehyde): A Review of Two CasesDaniel E. Cooper, Andrew A. White, Angelina N. Werkema, Brain K. Auge> ;Journal of Endourology. 2008 Sep 1
- 23 citationsTestis Cancer: A 20-Year Epidemiological Review of the Experience at a Regional Military Medical FacilityDaniel E. Cooper, James O. L’Esperance, Matthew S. Christman, Brian K. Auge> ;The Journal of Urology. 2008 Aug 1
- Testis Cancer: A 20-year epidemiologic review of the experience at a regional military medical facilityCooper DE, L�Esperance JO, Christman MS, Auge, BK, Journal of Urology, 1/1/2008
- Anaphylaxis following cystoscopy with equipment sterilized with Cidex� OPA (ortho-phthalaldehyde); a review of two casesCooper, DE. White, AA. Werkema, AN. Auge, BK, Journal of Endourology, 1/1/2008
- Is insulin sensitivity a causal intermediate in the relationship between alcohol consumption and carotid atherosclerosis?: the insulin resistance and atherosclerosis s...Cooper DE, et al, Diabetes Care, 1/1/2002
- Is insulin sensitivity a causal intermediate in the relationship between alcohol consumption and carotid atherosclerosis?: the insulin resistance and atherosclerosis s...Cooper DE, et al, 17th Annual Medical Student Research, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC, 1/1/2001
- Effect of gamma irradiation on topoisomerase I activity in two human lymphoblastoid cell linesCooper DE, Twenty First Annual West Coast Biological Sciences Undergraduate Research Conference, Point Loma, CA, 1/1/1996
- Testis Cancer: A 20-year epidemiologic review of the experience at a regional military medical facilityNaval Medical Center, San Diego, CA, 2008; San Diego, CA, 2008; Orlando, FL, 2008 - 1/1/2008
- Is insulin sensitivity a causal intermediate in the relationship between alcohol consumption and carotid atherosclerosis?: the insulin resistance and atherosclerosis s...Winston-Salem, NC - 1/1/2001
- The effects of race, family income, and education of responsible adult on musculoskeletal injury in school-aged childrenWake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC - 1/1/1998
- Join now to see all
- HonorHealth John C. Lincoln Medical CenterPhoenix, Arizona
- St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical CenterPhoenix, Arizona
- HonorHealth Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterScottsdale, Arizona
- HonorHealth Scottsdale Thompson Peak Medical CenterScottsdale, Arizona
- HonorHealth Deer Valley Medical CenterPhoenix, Arizona
- HonorHealth Scottsdale Shea Medical CenterScottsdale, Arizona
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: