Dr. Nguyen is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1200 1st Ave E
Spencer, IA 51301Phone+1 712-264-6550Fax+1 712-264-6553
- Is this information wrong?
- I studied electronics and optics and wrote compilers as an undergraduate at Harvard, obtained an MD and PhD (electromagnetic wave propagation in inhomogeneous media) from Dartmouth, and went to Yale for my post-doc first, then to Denmark to become a guest professor at University of Aalborg on an National Science Foundation North Atlantic Treaty Organization Post-doctoral Fellowship. I learned to speak Danish, Norwegian, and some Swedish. After Denmark, I returned to Yale as a Post-doctoral Associate and later completed my internship at Yale-New Haven Hospital and residency at Yale University School of Medicine Department of Therapeutic Radiology.
I play classical music on the piano and the classical guitar, and love music by Frederik Chopin on the piano and by Francisco Tarrega, Heitor Villa-Lobos, and Fernando Sor on the guitar. There is a soft spot in my heart for number theory, differential geometry, the axiom of choice, special and general relativity, the quantum mechanics of entanglement, Turing (and Post) machines, molecular mechanisms of life, and the works of Edwin T. Jaynes, Charles H. Moore, and David Hestenes.
Education & Training
- Yale-New Haven Medical CenterChief Residency, Radiation Oncology, 1996 - 1997
- Yale-New Haven Medical CenterResidency, Radiation Oncology, 1994 - 1996
- Yale-New Haven Medical CenterInternship, Internal Medicine, 1993 - 1994
- Yale-New Haven HospitalPost-Doctoral Fellowship, Post-doctoral Associate -- Radiation Physics, 1991 - 1993
- National Science Foundation -- North Atlantic Treaty OrganizationPost-Doctoral Fellowship, Post-Doctoral Fellow to Denmark, 1990 - 1991
- Yale-New Haven HospitalPost-Doctoral Fellowship, Therapeutic Radiology -- Radiation Physics, 1989 - 1990
- Geisel School of Medicine at DartmouthClass of 1989, Doctor of Medicine
- Dartmouth CollegePhD, Biomedical Engineering, MD/PhD Scholar, 1986 - 1988
- Harvard UniversityA. B., Applied Science with Specialization in Electronics and Optics, Magna cum Laude with Highest Honors, 1979 - 1983
Certifications & Licensure
- NH State Medical License 2021 - 2023
- PA State Medical License 2020 - 2022
- MA State Medical License 2020 - 2023
- WY State Medical License 2019 - 2020
- MI State Medical License 2019 - 2022
- IA State Medical License 2019 - 2023
- WI State Medical License 2019 - 2021
- American Board of Radiology Radiation Oncology
- Join now to see all
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- US Patent No. 10,709,902 United States Patent and Trademark Office, 2020
- US Patent No. 9,894,854 United States Patent and Trademark Office, 2018
- US Patent 9,295,204 United States Patent and Trademark Office, 2016
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- Plücker's Relations, Geometric Algebra, and the Electromagnetic FieldD. B. Nguyen, Journal of Applied Clifford Algebras
- Separating Time From Geometry For A Large Class of Sundials Using Complex NumbersD. B. Nguyen, The Compendium, 6/1/2020
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: