Dr. Johnson is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office2112 F Street, NW
Washington, DC 20037Phone(202) 861-2252Fax(202) 861-8040
- Is this information wrong?
- Jonathan Johnson, MD, MBA aka Dr. Wounds
Dr. Jonathan Johnson, MD, MBA, CWSP, affectionately known as Dr. Wounds, is an award-winning physician and is one of the nation’s leading specialists in wound care and aesthetic procedures.
A graduate from Meharry Medical College in Nashville, Tennessee, Dr. Wounds completed his internship in orthopedic surgery at Union Memorial Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland and transitioned into general surgery at Howard University in Washington, DC. He went on to become the Sylvester J. Carter fellow in Hand and Plastic surgery at Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Hospital Center of Cornell University. In addition, he holds a Master’s in Business Administration with a concentration in Healthcare Management and Finance from The Carey Business School at Johns Hopkins University.
As the founder and surgical director of two Washington, DC-based practices Comprehensive Wound Care Services and Capital Aesthetic & Laser Center, Dr. Wounds is at the forefront of medical innovation. In 2020, Dr. Wounds expanded his scope of wound care services to provide full-scale Tele-wound care services for all client cases, and continually develops ultramodern solutions that provide all-inclusive, high-quality care to patients worldwide.
Dr. Wounds resides with his wife Crystal and daughters Isabella and Liliana in Potomac, Maryland.
Education & Training
- Meharry Medical CollegeClass of 2006
- Howard UniversityResidency, General Surgery
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical CenterInternship, General Surgery
- MedStar Union Memorial HospitalInternship, Orthopedic Surgery
- Lincoln Medical and Mental Health CenterFellowship, Plastic Surgery
- Xavier University of Louisiana Biology, Cum Laude
- Johns Hopkins, Carey Business School Masters of Business Administration, Medical Service Management and Healthcare Finance
Certifications & Licensure
- FL State Medical License 2021 - 2023
- GA State Medical License 2021 - 2022
- MD State Medical License Active through 2022
- DC State Medical License Active through 2022
- VA State Medical License Active through 2022
- NY State Medical License Active through 2022
- PA State Medical License Active through 2022
- American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine Board Certification in Aesthetics
- American Board of Wound Care Management Board Certification in Wound Care
- Join now to see all
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Spotlight Award, Best Surgical Skills American Board of Wound Care Management
- Why Are Data Glitches Continually Skewing Hawaii’s Covid-19 Numbers?September 4th, 2021
- Courant Analysis: The “Unmask Our Kids” Movement in Connecticut Is Long on Rhetoric, but Short on Facts About How COVID-19 SpreadsAugust 28th, 2021
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: