Dr. Isik is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1229 Madison, Suite 1600
Seattle, WA 98104Phone(206) 860-4566
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Isik is a board certified surgeon specializing in plastic & reconstructive surgery. Honored annually by numerous local and national publications, Dr. Isik is considered one of “The Top Doctors in Seattle”, “Top Docs in Seattle, and repeatedly included in the “Best Doctors in America” listings.
Dr. Frank Isik brings the highest specialized training to your personal care, including ten years of training after finishing medical school followed by more than 15 years of clinical practice experience as a plastic surgeon.
Education & Background
Dr. Isik received his education in New York with a BA from Queen’s College and his MD from Mt. Sinai School of Medicine. He completed a 5-year General Surgery residency at Boston University Medical Center, a two year National Institutes of Health research fellowship followed by a 3 year Plastic Surgery fellowship at the University of Washington. During his training and afterwards, Dr. Isik served in the U.S. Army Medical Corps for 9 years. After finishing his training, Dr. Isik was recruited to join the faculty at the University of Washington. Dr. Isik was promoted to Professor in 2003 and trained many plastic surgery residents before leaving academics to join The Polyclinic in 2006 and focus purely on patient care.
Dr. Isik is Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (Certified in 1997 and Recertified in 2007).
Contributions to His Field
Dr. Isik is recognized for his contributions to the field of plastic surgery. He serves as an oral examiner for the American Board of Plastic Surgery annually to examine younger plastic surgeons who wish to become board certified. Dr. Isik also has served from 2005-2009 as an Associate Editor of the preeminent journal for Plastic Surgeons, The Journal of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Dr. Isik has given back to his global community by volunteering with Alliance for Smiles and has been on several medical mission trips to China & Africa.
Skills & Expertise
- Cosmetic surgery, Cosmetic / aesthetic surgery, Breast surgery, Breast cosmetic surgery, Breast reconstruction, Facial cosmetic surgery, Plastic and reconstructive microsurgery, Facial plastic and reconstructive surgery, Rhinoplasty, Breast augmentation, Breast lift, Breast reduction, Latissimus dorsi flap, Facelift, Eyelid reconstruction, Neck rejuvenation, Facial rejuvenation, ear pinning, Body contouring, Liposuction, Arm Contouring, Arm Lift, Leg Contouring, Thigh lift
Education & Training
- University of WashingtonResidency, Plastic Surgery, 1992 - 1995
- Boston University Medical CenterResidency, General Surgery, 1985 - 1990
- Mount Sinai School of MedicineClass of 1985
Certifications & Licensure
- WA State Medical License 1990 - 2022
- American Board of Plastic Surgery Plastic Surgery
Publications & Presentations
- Head and neck malignant melanoma: local recurrence rate following wide local excision and immediate reconstruction.Sullivan SR, Liu DZ, Mathes DW, Isik FF> ;Ann Plast Surg. 2012-01-01
- Discussion: Comparative healing of human cutaneous surgical incisions created by the PEAK PlasmaBlade, conventional electrosurgery, and a standard scalpel.F. Frank Isik> ;Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2011 Jul 1
- Mesenchymal stem cells induce dermal fibroblast responses to injury.Smith AN, Willis E, Chan VT, Muffley LA, Isik FF, Gibran NS, Hocking AM> ;Exp. Cell Res.. 2010-01-01
- Join now to see all
- Swedish Medical Center-Cherry Hill CampusSeattle, Washington
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: