Dr. Franke is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office201 Lyons Ave
Newark, NJ 07112Phone(973) 926-7000
- Is this information wrong?
- Emerson Franke, MD began his medical career as an EMT working in the north east for a large ambulance service at the age of 19. It was during this time as a first responder that he realized his passion for emergency medicine and drive to implement evidenced based practice within the field of pre-hospital care. Four years later Emerson began his medical education at Ross University in the Caribbean where he underwent rigorous schooling while having access to limited resources at the islands local facilities. Striving to provide the best patient care with a finite supply of resources, Emerson uncovered another passion within community development and preventive health. When it came time for clinical training, Emerson traveled to New York City where he had the privilege of working with a diverse community of patients and families at a level one trauma center. After two years, Emerson matched at Aventura Hospital in Miami, Florida where he presently services as an emergency medicine resident under the direction of a passionate group of specialists. Emerson is an active member of the representative council of EMRA, multiple committees and a recent graduate of their Leadership Academy.
He was honored to be one of the Chief Residents of his Residency Program for 2019 - 2020. Starting July 2020 he began a comprehensive fellowship in Emergency Medical Services in Newark, New Jersey.
Education & Training
- Rutgers New Jersey Medical SchoolFellowship, Emergency Medical Services, 2020 - 2021
- Aventura Hospital and Medical CenterResidency, Emergency Medicine, 2017 - 2020
- Ross University School of MedicineClass of 2017
- Quinnipiac UniversityBS, Behavioral Neuroscience, 2008 - 2011
Certifications & Licensure
- NJ State Medical License 2020 - 2023
- NY State Medical License 2020 - 2022
- CT State Medical License 2020 - 2022
- FL State Medical License Current
- American Board of Emergency Medicine Emergency Medicine
- American Board of Emergency Medicine Emergency Medical Services
- NREMTEmergency Medical Technician
Publications & Presentations
- 19 citationsChronic exposure to benzyl butyl phthalate (BBP) alters social interaction and fear conditioning in male adult rats: alterations in amygdalar MeCP2, ERK1/2 and ERα.Adrienne J. Betz, Sahani Jayatilaka, Jugal Joshi, Sriram Ramanan, Danielle Debartolo, Harry Pylypiw, Emerson Franke> ;Neuro endocrinology letters. 2013 Jan 1
- EMRA Liaison, ACEP Disaster Committee 2018 - 2019
- Member, EMRA Critical Care Medicine Committee 2017 - 2019
- Assistant Vice Chair, EMRA Pre-Hospital and Disaster Medicine Committee 2017 - 2019
- Member, EMRA Wilderness Committee 2017 - 2019
- Member, EMRA Palliative and Critical Care Committee 2017 - 2019
- Member, EMRA Healthy Policy Committee
- Member, NAEMSP Mobile Integrated Health/Community Paramedicine
- Member, ACEP Palliative Care Section
- Lead EMS Board Review Subcommittee, NAEMSP Education Committee
- Member, ACEP State Legislative and Regulatory Committee
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: