Dr. Edwards is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
OfficeJOVANA REHABILITATION MEDICINE & PAIN
6502 Bandera Rd., Ste 102
San Antonio, TX 78238Phone(210) 474-6788Fax(210) 571-1724
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Ivan Edwards (DO, FAAPMR, FRSA) is a physician, CEO/owner of two healthcare firms, a USAF flight surgeon, a community leader engaged in various humanitarian initiatives, and a public speaker.
He has expertise in physical, musculoskeletal medicine, and comprehensive pain management. He sees patients who have had trauma, injuries, or have musculoskeletal and/or neurological disorders, including low back, joint and extremity pain. He is board certified in PM&R and is a Fellow of the American Academy of PM&R.
He is CEO/owner of JOVANA Rehabilitation Medicine & Pain and IEME LLC, both located in San Antonio, TX. He is a consultant in numerous San Antonio facilities. His practice is mostly inpatient.
He is a military officer--currently and proudly serving as a USAF Reserve Flight Surgeon, at the rank of Lt. Colonel. He also served as the Health and Wellness physician for the San Antonio Fire Department.
Dr. Edwards is a board member of a few hospitals’ medical executive board committees. He has participated in humanitarian initiatives for childhood education, neurorehabilitation, pain, PTSD and COVID.
As a respected authority figure, he has assisted in numerous court cases pertaining to injuries, trauma, and rehabilitation.
Dr. Edwards holds memberships in multiple organizations, viz. the Aerospace Medical Association, the Military Officers Association of America, and the Society of USAF Flight Surgeons.
He is an elected Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (FRSA).
He is also a Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine.
Dr Edwards is a Kentucky Colonel, commissioned by Gov Beshear on October 25th 2021.
He is a public speaker, both locally and internationally. He has spoken on topics related to health, the human condition, personal growth, the environment – and other relevant topics.
Skills & Expertise
- Nerve conduction studies, Electromyography, Neuro-rehabilitation, Back pain, Traumatic brain injury, Sports medicine, Pain management, Botox injection, Acupuncture, Military medicine, Headache disorders, Osteopathic medicine, Medicolegal expertise, Flight medicine, Public speaking, Ultrasound-guided injections, Musculoskeletal injuries
Education & Training
- U.S. Air Force School of Aerospace Medicine (USAFSAM)Flight Surgeon, Aerospace Medicine Primary , 2011 - 2016
- University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio Joe and Teresa Lozano Long School of MedicineResidency, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 2005 - 2008
- Eastern Virginia Medical SchoolInternship, Internal Medicine, 2004 - 2005
- Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern UniversityClass of 2004, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Rivier UniversityBS, Biology, Cum laude
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Air Force Commendation, oak leaf cluster; National Defense Service Medal; Global War on Terrorism Service Medal; MOVSM; Armed Forces Reserve Medal; AF Longevity Service Medal; AF Training Ribbon USAF
- Fellow of Royal Society of Arts The Royal Society of Arts, 2021
- Kentucky Colonel Governor’s Office - Commonwealth of Kentucky, 2021
- Join now to see all
- Choosing the Right Rehab for MS TreatmentMarch 27th, 2015
- Jovana Rehabilitation Medicine & Pain's Owner and CEO, Dr. Ivan Edwards, Featured in Top Doctor MagazineJune 14th, 2021
- Nashua Telegraph Newspaper Archives August 26, 1999 Page 1August 26th, 1999
- Join now to see all
- PM&R director & Military Affairs director, PAM/Warm Springs hospital system 2018 - Present
- PM&R Director, Med Exec Kindred Hospital 2018 - Present
- Aerospace Medical AssociationMember
- Society of USAF Flight SurgeonsMember
- National Headache FoundationMember
- Military Officers Association of AmericaMember
- The Royal Society Of MedicineFellow
- Swahili, French
- PM&R Director - Coronado, Centex Continuing Care Network2020 - Present
- Attending Physician, Kindred Hospital, downtown2017 - Present
- Attending Physician, PAM/Warm Springs hospitals2017 - Present
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: