Dr. Telep is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office2024 West St
Annapolis, MD 21401Phone+1 443-598-2480Fax+1 443-598-2488
- Is this information wrong?
- Pediatric Cardiology of Maryland is a pediatric cardiology practice serving Annapolis, Baltimore and the Eastern Shore, Maryland as well as Delaware. We provide cardiac care of the fetus, newborns, children and adults with congenital heart disease. Dr. Telep has been providing care in Maryland, Virginia and DC area since 2002, and is proud to now extend that care to the Eastern Shore and Delaware. Our primary focus is to give you expert care with the best available technology, in a timely, convenient and efficient manner. We understand that matters of health can be confusing and stressful. At Pediatric Cardiology of Maryland we will take the time to ensure that you understand the diagnosis, your health options, and communicate fully with your primary physician and other specialists.
At Pediatric Cardiology of Maryland, we provide personal, friendly service, in a caring environment for newborns, children and adults. Dr. Telep is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Board Certified Pediatric Cardiologist. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American College of Cardiology. He attended medical school at Medical College of Pennsylvania, and completed his Pediatric residency training at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children in Philadelphia. He then completed his Pediatric Cardiology fellowship training at Children's National Medical Center in Washington, DC.
Dr. Telep has been practicing pediatric cardiology in the Maryland, Virginia and DC area since 2002, and has been recognized as a Washingtonian Top Doctor. He has the unique firsthand knowledge of living with congenital heart disease, making pediatric cardiology both a personal and professional passion. He is now proud to extend his practice to the Eastern Shore, Maryland and the Delaware shore.
Education & Training
- Children's National Medical Center/George Washington UniversityFellowship, Pediatric Cardiology, 2002 - 2005
- Tower Health/St. Christopher's Hospital for ChildrenResidency, Pediatrics, 1999 - 2002
- Drexel University College of Medicine/Hahnemann UniversityClass of 1999
Certifications & Licensure
- DE State Medical License 2014 - 2023
- MD State Medical License 2005 - 2023
- VA State Medical License 2005 - 2016
- DC State Medical License 2002 - 2014
- PA State Medical License 2001 - 2002
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Regional Top Doctor Castle Connolly, 2014
- Fellow (FACC) American College of Cardiology
- Fellow (FAAP) American Academy of Pediatrics
Publications & Presentations
- 57 citationsReal-Time Magnetic Resonance Imaging–Guided Stenting of Aortic Coarctation With Commercially Available Catheter Devices in SwineAmish N. Raval, James D. Telep, Michael A. Guttman, Cengizhan Ozturk, Michael Jones, Richard B. Thompson, Victor J. Wright, William H. Schenke, Ranil DeSilva, Ronnier ...> ;Circulation. 2005 Aug 2
- Anne Arundel Medical CenterAnnapolis, Maryland
- CalvertHealth Medical CenterPrince Frederick, Maryland
- Holy Cross HospitalSilver Spring, Maryland
- Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical CenterRockville, Maryland
- Adventist HealthCare RehabilitationTakoma Park, Maryland
- TidalHealth PeninsulaSalisbury, Maryland
- Meritus Medical CenterHagerstown, Maryland
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: