Dr. Colburn is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office427 S Bernard St
Spokane, WA 99204Phone(509) 456-0107Fax(509) 747-2635
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Colburn joined the staff of Spokane Eye Clinic in 2010. His professional interests include amblyopia, strabismus (pediatric & adult), congenital nasolacrimal duct obstruction, infantile or juvenile glaucoma, congenital ptosis, pediatric cataract surgery, retinoblastoma, and retinopathy of prematurity. He also has an interest in the promotion of effective and universal vision screening programs.
Education & Training
- Indiana University School of MedicinePost-Doctoral Fellowship, 2009 - 2010
- Vanderbilt University Medical CenterResidency, Ophthalmology, 2006 - 2009
- Kettering Health NetworkInternship, Transitional Year, 2005 - 2006
- Loma Linda University School of MedicineClass of 2005
- Walla Walla CollegeBS, Biology, Summa cum laude, 1996 - 2001
Certifications & Licensure
- WA State Medical License 2010 - 2023
- OR State Medical License 2006 - Present
- OH State Medical License 2005 - 2006
- American Board of Ophthalmology Ophthalmology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Chancellor's Award Loma Linda University School of Medicine, 2005
- Alpha Omega Alpha membership Alpha Omega Alpha, 2005
- Fellow (FAAO) American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Hyperopia Treatment Study 1 (HTS1) - Glasses vs Observation Start of enrollment: 2012 Feb 23David Petersen, MD;Marjean Kulp, OD, MS
- Bilateral Lateral Rectus Recession Versus Unilateral Recess-Resect for Intermittent Exotropia Start of enrollment: 2010 Jun 01Sean P Donahue, M.D., Ph.D.
- Observation Versus Occlusion Therapy for Intermittent Exotropia Start of enrollment: 2010 Jan 01Brian G Mohney, M.D.;Susan A Cotter, O.D., M.S.
Publications & Presentations
- Diagnostic and therapeutic challenges.Agarwal A Colburn JD Raja H Singh AD > ;Retina . 2012 Sep
- 1 citationsCorneal ulceration due to vitamin A deficiency in Zellweger syndrome.Jeffrey D. Colburn, Anna S. Skelo, Sean P. Donahue> ;Journal of Aapos. 2009 Jun 1
- 43 citationsLongitudinal follow-up of hypermetropic children identified during preschool vision screening.Jeffrey D. Colburn, David G. Morrison, Robert L. Estes, Chun Li, Pengcheng Lu, Sean P. Donahue> ;Journal of Aapos. 2009 Feb 1
- Infantile Glaucoma.Spokane Eye Clinic sponsored Fall Ophthalmology Update meeting
- Periocular infantile hemangiomas and treatment with propranolol.Pediatric Grand Rounds, Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital, Spokane WA
- Vision Therapy and Learning Disabilities: A Pediatric Ophthalmologist’s Perspective.Spokane chapter of the Washington State Psychological Association meeting
- Member, AAPOS Vision Screening Committee 2012 - 2013
- American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology & StrabismusMember
- Specialty Fellow
- Pediatric Eye Disease Investigator GroupMember
- Washington State Medical Association/Spokane County Medical SocietyMember
- Washington Academy of Eye Physicians & SurgeonsMember
- Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children's HospitalSpokane, Washington
- MultiCare Deaconess HospitalSpokane, Washington
- Providence Holy Family HospitalSpokane, Washington
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: