Dr. Klein is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1109 Howard St.
Omaha, NE 68102
- Is this information wrong?
- Welcome to my Doximity page! By way of introduction, I am a third-generation medical doctor and a medical-legal attorney in my 21st year of legal practice. I've been involved in medical-legal issues from the outset of my professional career.
I am rated as an "AV-Preeminent" attorney by Martindale-Hubble and "10.0/10,0 Superb" by AVVO. I'm licensed to practice law in both Nebraska and New York. I have extensive experience in advising and representing the interests of physicians, hospitals and other medical providers, with an emphasis on health care regulatory compliance, all forms of medical litigation, physician licensing concerns, serious injury cases, and business matters.
My medical-legal practice emphasis includes:
• Healthcare Law Compliance: Affordable Care Act, HIPAA, EMTALA, False Claims Act and Qui Tam actions, Stark and anti-kickback statutes, Medicare and Medicaid, OSHA, health authority inquiries, licensing requirements, medical disciplinary proceedings, and similar statutory and regulatory matters.
• Medical-Legal Training for Healthcare Providers: On-site health law compliance training to help physicians and other medical staff identify and appropriately react to a variety of day-to-day medical-legal challenges, both regulatory and liability-related.
• Medical Practice Issues: Medicare-Medicaid reimbursement issues, payment disputes with insurance companies, physician contracts, facility leases, employee relations, and medical forms review.
In addition to the medical-legal matters above, I have had a great deal of experience in a variety of general practice areas, including:
• Wills, living wills, and powers of attorney
• Intellectual property matters
• Contracts, business litigation, and lease negotiation
• Employment matters
Thank you for visiting my page! Have a great day and feel free to connect here on Doximity or LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/kleinlawoffices)..
-- John Klein
Education & Training
- University of Nebraska College of MedicineClass of 2003
- Tulane Law SchoolJD, Law, 1992 - 1994
- Georgetown UniversityBA, Government, 1985 - 1989
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Rated "Superb -- 10.0 out of 10.0" (highest possible rating) by AVVO attorney ratings service. AVVO, 2015
- Rated "AV-Preeminent" (highest possible rating) by Martindale-Hubble attorney ratings service. Martindale-Hubble, 1999-2015
Publications & Presentations
- Psychiatric Consultation and Testimony in Legal ProceedingsKlein J and Wilson D, The Nebraska Lawyer, 1/1/2003
- Pre-Contractual Liability and the Duty of Good Faith Negotiation in International TransactionsKlein J and Baccechi, C, Houston Journal of International Law, 6/1/1994
- Good Faith in International TransactionsKlein, J, Liverpoos Law Review, 10/1/1993
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: