Dr. Palma is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office83 W Miller St
Orlando, FL 32806Phone(407) 841-5218Fax(407) 649-6939
- Is this information wrong?
- I'm a neonatologist at Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Children. In addition to my clinical role in newborn intensive care, I have an administrative appointment as a provider informaticist at Orlando Health.
My clinical informatics interests include innovating by extending the EHR with integrated mobile and web apps to enhance the quality and safety of patient care and improve the provider experience. My academic interests include clinical data analysis and interventional informatics to achieve examples of a learning healthcare system.
I attended Davidson College and graduated cum laude from the University of Florida College of Medicine, then completed clinical training in pediatrics and neonatal-perinatal medicine at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. During residency and fellowship my scholarly work was optimizing the EHR for neonatal care, and during fellowship I completed a Master's degree in Biomedical Informatics at Stanford. I became board certified in Clinical Informatics with the inaugural diplomates in 2013.
Education & Training
- Stanford UniversityMS, Biomedical Informatics, 2010 - 2012
- Stanford UniversityFellowship, Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, 2009 - 2012
- Stanford UniversityResidency, Pediatrics, 2005 - 2008
- University of Florida College of MedicineClass of 2005, MD, Cum Laude
- Davidson CollegeBS, Biology, 1996 - 2000
Certifications & Licensure
- FL State Medical License 2021 - 2023
- CA State Medical License 2006 - 2022
- American Board of Pediatrics Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- American Board of Preventive Medicine Clinical Informatics
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Award of Excellence for Information Optimization Hewlett Packard, 2014
- Innovate 4 Healthcare Challenge; $20,000 First Prize Johnson & Johnson; University of Maryland School of Business, 2012
- Pediatric Clerkship Honor Roll for Teaching Excellence Stanford University School of Medicine, 2006, 2008
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- Designing a bed-side system for predicting length of stay in a neonatal intensive care unit.Harpreet Singh, Su Jin Cho, Shubham Gupta, Ravneet Kaur, S. Sunidhi, Satish Saluja, Ashish Kumar Pandey, Mihoko V. Bennett, Henry C. Lee, Ritu Das, Jonathan P. Palma, ...> ;Scientific Reports. 2021 Feb 8
- Development and validation of high definition phenotype-based mortality prediction in critical care units.Yao Sun, Ravneet Kaur, Shubham Gupta, Rahul Paul, Ritu Das, Su Jin Cho, Saket Anand, Justin J. Boutilier, Suchi Saria, Jonathan P. Palma, Satish Saluja, Ryan M. McAdam...> ;JAMIA open. 2021 Jan 1
- Machine Learning-Based Automatic Classification of Video Recorded Neonatal Manipulations and Associated Physiological Parameters: A Feasibility Study.Harpreet Singh, Satoshi Kusuda, Ryan M. McAdams, Shubham Gupta, Jayant Kalra, Ravneet Kaur, Ritu Das, Saket Anand, Ashish Kumar Pandey, Su Jin Cho, Satish Saluja, Just...> ;Children (Basel). 2020 Dec 22
- Join now to see all
- Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and BabiesOrlando, Florida
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: