Dr. Austin is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office2001 Crystal Spring Ave
Roanoke, VA 24014
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Joseph Austin is a cardiologist in Roanoke, VA and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital and Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital. He received his medical degree from Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine and has been in practice 42 years. He specializes in nuclear cardiology, non-invasive cardiology, and preventive cardiology and is experienced in cardiac rehabilitation and noninvasive cardiology.
- Cardiac rehabilitation, Noninvasive Cardiology
Education & Training
- University of Virginia Medical CenterFellowship, Cardiovascular Disease, 1978 - 1980
- University of Alabama Medical CenterResidency, Internal Medicine, 1975 - 1978
- Virginia Commonwealth University School of MedicineClass of 1975
Certifications & Licensure
- VA State Medical License 1978 - 2024
- AL State Medical License 1976 - 1976
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Cardiovascular Disease
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2011-2013
- Fellow (FACC) American College of Cardiology
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: