Dr. Lurio is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office690 Amsterdam Ave
New York, NY 10025Phone(212) 865-4104Fax(212) 864-5375
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Joseph Lurio is a family physician in New York, NY and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Morningside, and Mount Sinai West. He received his medical degree from Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons and has been in practice 37 years. He also speaks multiple languages, including Spanish. He specializes in addiction medicine and is experienced in addiction medicine, diabetes mellitus, and health technology/informatics.
Education & Training
- Albert Einstein - Montefiore Medical CenterResidency, Family Medicine, 1980 - 1985
- Columbia University School of Public HealthClass of 1980
Certifications & Licensure
- NY State Medical License 1981 - 2022
- American Board of Family Medicine Family Medicine
- American Board of Preventive Medicine Addiction Medicine
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Patient centered medical home Ncqa, 2016
- Fellow New York Academy of Medicine, 2012
- Patient-Centered Medical Home Recognition Program National Committee for Quality Assurance, 2012-2015
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- Effect of a Self-management Support Intervention on Asthma Outcomes in Older Adults: The SAMBA Study Randomized Clinical Trial.Alex D. Federman, Rachel O'Conor, Irina Mindlis, Jamillah Hoy-Rosas, Diane Hauser, Joseph Lurio, Nandini Shroff, Ray Lopez, Joel Erblich, Michael S. Wolf, Juan P. Wisn...> ;JAMA Internal Medicine. 2019 Aug 1
- 12 citationsA qualitative investigation of the impact of asthma and self-management strategies among older adultsRachel O'Conor, Melissa Martynenko, Monica D Gagnon, Diane Hauser, Edwin Young, Joseph Lurio, Juan P. Wisnivesky, Michael S. Wolf, Alex D. Federman> ;Journal of Asthma. 2017 Jan 2
- 6 citationsRationale and design of a comparative effectiveness trial of home- and clinic-based self-management support coaching for older adults with asthmaAlex D. Federman, Melissa Martynenko, Rachel O'Conor, Joseph L. Kannry, Adam Karp, Joseph Lurio, Jamillah Hoy-Rosas, Ray Lopez, Rosemary Obiapi, Edwin Young, Michael S...> ;Contemporary Clinical Trials. 2015 Sep 1
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: