Dr. Koris is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office2 Cliff Road
Ipswich, MA 01938Phone(617) 512-8538
- Is this information wrong?
- Three years ago, on December 13, 2007, Dr. Koris had a stroke while in his office after finishing the last case of the day. It had snowed heavily that day, and the first symptoms of the stroke were flu like. Shortly after they started, he decided that he was too sick to drive home, and called a cab. he went to the parking lot to wait for a cab, which never came. After one half hour, he met an OR tech who offered to take him to the ER, and by doing so, saved his life. A CT scan showed no bleeding. he was later admitted to the CCU for a hypertensive episode. Later that night, when he had trouble breathing, an MRI confirmed his stroke. He awoke from a coma in the neurology ICU and slowly became aware of his condition: intubated, being fed with a “G-tube”. Much later he had to decide what he wanted to do with the rest of his life. Fortunately the stroke left him with a motor deficit, but completely intact mentally. he decided to continue doing what he was trained for; Orthopedics. This would be a medical legal practice until his loss of motor function returned. He would start by doing Chart Reviews, and later IME’s and finally, Expert Witness Testimony as well as lecturing and teaching. Dr. Koris has established a business, doing medical legal practice for attorneys and insurance companies.
See Attached Page For Additional Documentation on Summary. Please contact Dr. Mark Koris for additional documentation on "Summary" or contact him at Business address: ( Mark Koris M.D., 11 Heath Hill, brookline Ma. 02445.) or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education & Training
- Massachusetts General HospitalFellowship, Hand Surgery, 1989 - 1989
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical CenterResidency, General Surgery, 1986 - 1987
- Johns Hopkins University School of MedicineResidency, orthopedics, 1984 - 1987
- Maryland Shock Trauma / University of MarylandResidency, Trauma 5/1/1986 : 6/30/1986, 1986 - 1986
- Beth Israel HospitalResidency, Internship, 1985 - 1986
- Case Western Reserve University School of MedicineClass of 1982
- Case Western Reserve UniversityM.S., Biomedical Engineering, 1976 - 1978
- Worcester Polytechic InstituteB.S., Electrical Engineering, 1971 - 1975
Certifications & Licensure
- MA State Medical License 2016 - 2021
- MA State Medical License 1988 - 2021
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Member Ewald Award American Shoulder and Elbow Society
- Ewald Award American Shoulder and Elbow Society
Publications & Presentations
- 10 citationsTriceps avulsion, radial head fracture, and medial collateral ligament rupture about the elbow: a report of 4 casesMichele Y. Yoon, Mark J. Koris, Jose A. Ortiz, Rick F. Papandrea> ;Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery. 2012 Feb 1
- 36 citationsSemiconstrained Primary and Revision Total Elbow Arthroplasty with Use of the Coonrad-Morrey ProsthesisLewis L. Shi, David Zurakowski, Deryk G. Jones, Mark J. Koris, Thomas S. Thornhill> ;Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, American Volume. 2007 Jul 1
- 183 citationsTotal shoulder arthroplasty: Long-term survivorship, functional outcome, and quality of lifeAshwin V. Deshmukh, Mark J. Koris, David Zurakowski, Thomas S. Thornhill> ;Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery. 2005 Sep 1
- Join now to see all
- Dutch, French
- Brigham and Women's HospitalBoston, Massachusetts
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: