Obinna Obiejemba is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
- Obinna Obiejemba, DrPH., co-founder and executive director of ESNO Health Group, has always wanted to be a hand and a voice — a hand to help the infirmed, and a voice for the most vulnerable. This led him to academic pursuits and careers in clinical medicine and public health. He has spent nearly two decades working in Managed Care and with vulnerable and complex populations. Prior to his graduate studies in family practice, psychiatry, and public health, Dr. Obiejemba led a variety of projects at Baltimore city jails and prisons to improve inmate access to timely medical treatment, reduce mortality from diabetes and other chronic conditions, and establish drug treatment programs including methadone. His work with Managed Care involves increasing health care access to underserved populations, including racial and ethnic minorities, low-income elderly/ families, and dual-eligible Medicare-Medicaid beneficiaries. Dr. Obiejemba recently completed a project focused on assessing models of care to dual-eligible beneficiaries with complex medical needs, reviewing the impact of Dual Eligible Special Needs Plans (D-SNP) on the rates of hospitalization and readmission for these beneficiaries. His research showed the benefits of CMS default enrollment, also known as “seamless conversion”- the automatic enrollment of a dully-eligible beneficiary in a Medicaid Managed Care Organization into a D-SNP offered under the same MA organization. Dr. Obiejemba brings extensive experience leveraging large data sources including Managed Care, Medicare claims and administrative data, Medicaid expenditure data, and CMS CAHPS family of surveys. Dr. Obiejemba holds a doctorate in Public Health (DrPH) with a specialization in Preventive Medicine and Health Policy from Morgan State University. He also holds dual board certifications in Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) and Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP).
Education & Training
- Bowie State UniversityMasters, 2012
- University of CincinnatiPost-Masters Certificate
- Morgan State University Doctorate
- American Society of Addiction Medicine, ASAMMember
Publications & Presentations
Office8115 Maple Lawn Blvd
Fulton, MD 20759Phone(240) 786-4527Fax(541) 314-9497
- Is this information wrong?
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: