Doximity is pleased to announce the opening of our 2023–2024 Doximity Fellows application. Doximity Fellows have a unique opportunity to contribute to their field in new and exciting ways. As a Doximity Fellow, you’ll have the ability to reach more than two million clinicians via original writing, clinical cases, or network engagement. Backed by the Doximity network, you will have an avenue to build and solidify your status as an innovative professional.
Are you a dedicated and passionate writer, researcher, or clinician? Are you interested in using media to educate and learn from your peers? Do you want to share your voice, ideas, and knowledge with other professionals? Do you have a unique perspective on health care, clinical research, or life in medicine? We’d love to work with you!
Below you will find information about the benefits, responsibilities, and application process for becoming a Doximity Fellow!
All Fellows will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in unique opportunities on the Doximity network, including AMAs (Ask Me Anything), Q&As, clinician profiles, and more.
- Initiate, engage in, and foster community discussion on the Doximity network.
- Provide Doximity with feedback and strategic guidance for ongoing product development.
- Join a vibrant community of Doximity Fellows with opportunities to engage, collaborate, and build relationships.
Fellowship Track Descriptions
- Clinical Case Fellows provide six previously unpublished clinical cases for Doximity’s exclusive use on the newsfeed and in email digests. Each case must feature, at a minimum, a short case description (4–6 sentences) and one image or video. After the community has guessed the diagnosis in the comments, Fellows will have the opportunity to engage with members in discussion and provide the answer.
- Luminary Fellows are responsible for working with our clinical and medical content strategists on identifying emerging stories and trends to cover, reviewing specialty digest emails (emails that include clinically relevant research articles and news updates), and possibly creating video and newsfeed content. They should have their finger on the pulse of what topics are trending in medicine broadly, or within their specialty. Clinician influencers, key opinion leaders, or those active on social media are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Op-Med Fellows are responsible for submitting six thoughtful pieces of original writing throughout the year (roughly 700–1,200 words each). The writing must be narrative (versus clinical) and may chronicle patient encounters, opinions about health and medicine-related topics, and personal experiences within your specialty. Op-Med Fellows’ pieces will be edited, so applicants must be comfortable working with an editor.
Length of Program
The Doximity Fellows program is a one-year program starting August 15, 2023. All positions are remote.
Benefits and Perks
As a Fellow, your voice, content, and perspectives will be elevated across the Doximity network. You’ll have opportunities to work with the Doximity team to help shape the future of the network. You’ll receive individualized editorial support from our team, including brainstorming sessions, workshops, content review, and professional editing. Finally, we provide a monetary stipend of $1,500 in Doximity restricted stock units (RSUs) for the year.
- An MD or DO who has completed residency and is licensed to practice medicine in the United States.
- An MD or DO who is currently in residency or fellowship.
- An NP, CRNA, or PA who has graduated from an accredited training program and is state-licensed and nationally certified with a master’s in advanced practice nursing or a master’s in PA studies.
- An NP, CRNA, or PA student.
- A PharmD or RPH.
- A PharmD or RPH student.
- A medical student currently enrolled in a U.S. LCME-accredited medical school or AOA-accredited osteopathic school.
- Must be:
- A Doximity member (advanced practice providers (APPs) are especially encouraged to apply).
- A forward-thinking and enthusiastic leader in their field.
- Eager to share stories and insights with peers, create new types of content, and push your own creative boundaries.
- A dedicated writer, researcher, or educator interested in building and engaging with the Doximity network.