Dr. Hafiz is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office747 N Rutledge St
Springfield, IL 62702Phone(217) 545-8000Fax(217) 545-7877
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Abdul Moiz Hafiz is a Structural Heart Disease Interventional Cardiologist in Springfield, IL. He received training in Interventional Cardiology at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Univeristy and trained in Structural Heart Disease interventions at University of Massachusetts Medical School. He specializes in Interventional Cardiology procedures for coronary artery disease and Structural Heart Disease procedures including Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR), MitraClip, Left Atrial Appendage closure (Watchman device), Patent Foramen Ovale/Atrial Septal Defect Closures, etc. His interests also include Mechanical Circulatory Support in patients with acute cardiogenic shock besides CardioMEMS device implant for patients with heart failure. Dr Hafiz has been in practice at Southern Illinois Univeristy School of Medicine in Springfield since 2017.
Education & Training
- University of MassachusettsFellowship, Interventional Cardiology, 2016
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical CenterFellowship, Interventional Cardiology, 2015 - 2016
- Winthrop-University HospitalFellowship, Cardiovascular Disease, 2012 - 2015
- Winthrop-University HospitalResidency, Internal Medicine, 2009 - 2012
- OtherClass of 2007
Certifications & Licensure
- IL State Medical License 2016 - 2023
- MA State Medical License 2015 - 2019
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine Interventional Cardiology
Publications & Presentations
- Multispecialty Enterprise Imaging Workgroup Consensus on Interactive Multimedia Reporting Current State and Road to the Future: HIMSS-SIIM Collaborative White Paper.Christopher J. Roth, David A. Clunie, David Vining, Seth A. Berkowitz, Alejandro Berlin, Jean-Pierre Bissonnette, Shawn D. Clark, Toby C. Cornish, Monief Eid, Cree M. ...> ;Journal of Digital Imaging. 2021 Jun 15
- Initial Findings From the North American COVID-19 Myocardial Infarction Registry.Santiago Garcia, Payam Dehghani, Cindy L. Grines, Laura Davidson, Keshav R. Nayak, Jacqueline Saw, Ron Waksman, John E.A. Blair, Bagai Akshay, Ross Garberich, Christia...> ;Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2021 Apr 27
- Evaluation of ECG-gated and Fast Low-Angle Shot (FLASH) Dual Source Computed Tomography Scanning Protocols for Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement.Waqas Qureshi, Rohit Malhotra, Eric J. Schmidlin, Mohamed Ahmed, Amartya Kundu, Abdul Moiz Hafiz, Jennifer D. Walker, Nikolaos Kakouros> ;Academic Radiology. 2020 Sep 21
- Join now to see all
- American College of CardiologyMember
- Memorial Medical CenterSpringfield, Illinois
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: