Dr. Iluyomade is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office5555 Ponce de Leon Blvd
Coral Gables, FL 33146Phone(301) 892-2313
- Is this information wrong?
- Adedapo "Dapo" Iluyomade MD MBA FACC is a non-invasive cardiologist with particular interests in Preventive Cardiology, Sports Cardiology and Lipidology. He values involving patients in their care, and fostering an environment of collaborative medical decision-making. He also firmly believes that instead of treating the disease, our aim should be to treat the patient with the disease.
Born in Nigeria to an emergency physician and an attorney, education has always been of paramount importance to Dr. Iluyomade. Growing up in the Northeastern state of Maryland, he attended the prestigious Georgetown Preparatory School before completing his undergraduate studies at Emory University, where he majored in Sociology (Pre-Med).
He received his medical degree from the American University of Antigua, where he graduated Cum Laude while simultaneously completing a Masters in Business Administration. He then completed residency at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai - Mount Sinai St. Luke's & Mount Sinai West Hospitals in New York, NY. He had the honor of completing an additional year of training while serving as Chief Resident in the Department of Medicine, overseeing a program of 160 residents. Dr. Iluyomade then moved to Miami for a fellowship in adult cardiovascular disease at the University of Miami - Jackson Memorial program, where he once more had the honor of serving as Chief Cardiology Fellow in his final year.
Dr. Iluyomade keeps busy with his involvement in professional societies, including the American Heart Association (AHA), American College of Cardiology (ACC), Association of Black Cardiologists (ABC) and the National Lipid Association (NLA) amongst others. He currently serves as a Senior Blogger for the AHA's Early Career Blog, an editorial reviewer for the JACC: Case Reports medical journal and a Social Media Ambassador for both the ACC and ABC. He also sits on the Board of Directors for the Florida Chapter of the American College of Cardiology.
Education & Training
- University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of MedicineFellowship, Cardiovascular Diseases, 2017 - 2020
- Mount Sinai MorningsideResidency, Internal Medicine, 2013 - 2017
- American University of Antigua College of MedicineClass of 2013
Certifications & Licensure
- FL State Medical License 2020 - 2022
- NY State Medical License 2017 - 2022
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Cardiovascular Disease
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Chief Fellow, Division of Cardiovascular Disease University of Miami - Jackson Memorial Hospital, 2020
- Editorial Reviewer JACC: Case Reports, 2019
- Chief Resident, Department of Medicine Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, 2017
Publications & Presentations
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement.Adedapo Iluyomade, Mauricio G. Cohen> ;Circulation-cardiovascular Interventions. 2018 Sep 1
- Neuro-invasion by a zoonotic arbovirus.Adedapo Iluyomade, Praneet Wander, Akriti Gupta, Robert Petrocelli, James Jones> ;Journal of Vector Borne Diseases. 2016 Jul 1
- Ablation of Complex Fractionated Atrial Electrograms for Atrial Fibrillation Rhythm Control: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.Fadahunsi O, Talabi T, Olowoyeye A, Iluyomade A, Shogbesan O, Donato A> ;Can J Cardiol. 2016 Jun
- Join now to see all
- Lancet Study Finds Commonly Used Blood Pressure Medications Safe for COVID-19 PatientsJanuary 22nd, 2021
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: