Dr. Koong is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office875 Blake Wilbur Drive
Stanford University Medical Center- Cancer Center
Stanford, CA 94305Phone(650) 498-7703
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- Stanford UniversityResidency, Radiation Oncology, 1997 - 2001
- Kaiser Permanente Medical GroupInternship, Internal Medicine, 1996 - 1997
- McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern UniversityClass of 1996
Certifications & Licensure
- FL State Medical License 2021 - Present
- TX State Medical License 2017 - 2022
- CA State Medical License 1997 - 2023
- American Board of Radiology Radiation Oncology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Regional Top Doctor Castle Connolly, 2014
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2012-2013
- A Randomized Phase III Study Evaluating Modified FOLFIRINOX (mFFX) With or Without Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT) in the Treatment of Locally Advanced Pancreatic Cancer Start of enrollment: 2013 Aug 01Koong, A.
- Tissue and Plasma Biomarkers of Lymph Node Involvement in Cervical Cancer Start of enrollment: 2012 Feb 01Koong, A.
- International Randomized Study of Transarterial Chemoembolization Versus CyberKnife® for Recurrent Hepatocellular Carcinoma Start of enrollment: 2011 Feb 01Chang, D.,Koong, A.,Kothary, N.
- Transarterial Chemoembolization vs CyberKnife for Recurrent Hepatocellular Carcinoma Start of enrollment: 2011 Feb 01Koong, A., Columbo, L.A., Chang, D.T., Cho-Phan, C., Dieterich, S., , , Ford, J.M., Kamaya, A., Kothary, N.N., Kunz, P., Nguyen, M.H., So, S., Sze, D.Y., Visser, B.C.
- Perfusion CT as a Predictor of Treatment Response in Patients With Hepatic Malignancies Start of enrollment: 2010 Sep 01Kamaya, A.
- Phase I Trial of Metabolic Reprogramming Therapy for Treatment of Recurrent Head and Neck Cancers Start of enrollment: 2010 Aug 01Daniel T Chang, Dr Andrew Quon, Dr. Billy W. Loo Jr. M.D. Ph.D., Quynh-Thu Le, Albert Koong, Kristin Jensen, Edward Graves, Amato J Giaccia, Nicholas C Denko, and Dr. A. Dimitrios Colevas
- Phase II Multi-Institutional Study to Evaluate the Efficacy of Gemcitabine and Fractionated Stereotactic Radiotherapy for Unresectable Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma Start of enrollment: 2009 Oct 01Columbo, L.A.,Goodman, K.A.,Herman, J.,Koong, A.
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- Dosimetric Uncertainties Resulting From Interfractional Anatomic Variations for Patients Receiving Pancreas Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy and Cone Beam Computed ...Joshua S. Niedzielski, Yufei Liu, Sylvia S. W. Ng, R. Martin, L Perles, Sam Beddar, Neal Rebueno, Eugene J. Koay, Cullen M. Taniguchi, Emma B. Holliday, Prajnan Das, G...> ;International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics. 2021 Aug 13
- A Machine Learning Model Approach to Risk-Stratify Patients With Gastrointestinal Cancer for Hospitalization and Mortality Outcomes.Kaitlin M. Christopherson, Prajnan Das, Christopher G. Berlind, W. David Lindsay, Christopher A. Ahern, Benjamin D. Smith, Ishwaria Mohan Subbiah, Eugene J. Koay, Albe...> ;International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics. 2021 Apr 29
- Early and Midtreatment Mortality in Palliative Radiotherapy: Emphasizing Patient Selection in High-Quality End-of-Life Care.Matthew S. Ning, Prajnan Das, David I. Rosenthal, Bouthaina S. Dabaja, Zhongxing Liao, Joe Y. Chang, Daniel R. Gomez, Ann H. Klopp, G. Brandon Gunn, Pamela K. Allen, P...> ;Journal of The National Comprehensive Cancer Network. 2021 Apr 20
- Join now to see all
- Development of Deep Neural Network for Individualized Hepatobiliary Toxicity Prediction After Liver SBRTDaniel Chang, Albert Koong, Medical Physics
- Germline Cancer Susceptibility Gene Variants, Somatic Second Hits, and Survival Outcomes in Patients with Resected Pancreatic CancerRichard F Dunne, Leona A Doyle, William C Hahn, Jason L Hornick, Andrea J Bullock, Sapna Syngal, Albert C Koong, Natalia Khalaf, Brian M Wolpin, Douglas A Rubinson, Da..., Nature
- Strategies for Prediction and Mitigation of Radiation-Induced Liver ToxicityDaniel T Chang, Albert C Koong, Journal of Radiation Research
- The Radiosurgery Society® Announces the Newest Members of Its RSS Sponsorship AllianceApril 29th, 2020
- Study Points to Obesity as Driver of Pancreatic CancerApril 16th, 2020
- Best of MD Anderson 2019: Top Cancer Insights from Our ExpertsDecember 17th, 2019
- Join now to see all
- Targeting Galectin-1 With Radiation In Lung CancerNational Cancer Institute2012
- Pharmacological Targeting Of The Unfolded Protein Response As An Antitumor StrateNational Cancer Institute2009–2011
- Pharmacologic /Genetic Inhibition Of XBP1 As Hypoxia Targeted Therapeutic StrategNational Cancer Institute2007–2011
- The Role Of XBP1 During Hypoxia And Tumor GrowthNational Cancer Institute2005–2008
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: