Dr. Cantafio is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office8402 Harcourt Rd.
Indianapolis, IN 46260Phone+1 317-338-6701Fax+1 317-338-3522
- Is this information wrong?
- I am a board certified general surgeon with fellowship training in liver, kidney and pancreas transplant. I also perform complex hepato-pancreato-biliary procedures.
Education & Training
- University of Washington, Multi-Organ Transplantation Division of TransplantationFellowship, Transplantation, 2009 - 2011
- Phoenix Integrated Surgical2005 - 2009
- Phoenix Integrated Surgical2004 - 2005
- Albert Einstein College of MedicineClass of 2004, MD
- Georgetown UniversityMS, Physiology and Biophysics, 1998
- University of CaliforniaBS, Physiology, 1995
Certifications & Licensure
- IN State Medical License 2020 - 2025
- TN State Medical License 2011 - 2021
- WA State Medical License 2009 - 2011
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
- American Society Of TransplantationLiver, Kidney and Pancreas Transplant
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- ATC Young Investigator Award 2010
- Top Ten Abstract ASTS Winter Symposium 2009
- Fellow American College of Surgeons
Publications & Presentations
- 135 citationsUse of the PD-1 Pathway Inhibitor Nivolumab in a Renal Transplant Patient With Malignancy.Boils, C. L., Boils, C. L., Aljadir, D. N., Aljadir, D. N., Cantafio, A. W., Cantafio, A. W.> ;American journal of transplantation : official journal of the American Society of Transplantation and the American Society of Transplant Surgeons. 2016 Mar 19
- 24 citationsRisk stratification of kidneys from donation after cardiac death donors and the utility of machine perfusion.Alex Cantafio, André A. S. Dick, Jeffrey B. Halldorson, R. Bakthavatsalam, Jorge D. Reyes, James D. Perkins> ;Clinical Transplantation. 2011 Sep 1
- 59 citationsSuccessful rescue therapy with plasmapheresis and intravenous immunoglobulin for acute humoral renal transplant rejection.Nicole B. White, S. M. Greenstein, Alex W. Cantafio, R. S. Schechner, Daniel Glicklich, Patricia McDonough, James Pullman, Kala Mohandas, Fouad N. Boctor, Joan Uehling...> ;Transplantation. 2004 Sep 15
- Join now to see all
- New Immunosuppression Regimens: Safety, Efficacy and Immunomodulation.Cantafio AW, The Immunology Report., Volume 7, Number 1
- Liver Transplantation Cost for End-Stage Liver Disease.Salvalaggio PR, Cantafio A, Montenovo MI, Annals of Gastroenterology & Hepatology
- Complication Burden and the Economic Impact of Obesity in Liver Transplantation.Alex W Cantafio, MD, Martin Montenovo MD., MD, Kara MacLeod, MPH, Andre A Dick, MD, JeffreyB Halldorson, MD, Ramasamy Bakthavatsalam, MD, Jorge D Reyes, MD, James D Pe..., ASTS Winter Symposium
- A Case-Series Study of Induction in Liver Transplantation: Outcomes and Economic Analysis.Martin Montenovo, M.D, Alex W. Cantafio, MD., Kara MacLeod, MD, Mai-Trang Dang PhmD., Andre A. Dick, MD, Jeff B Halldorson, MD, Ramasamy Bakthavatsalam, MD, Jorge Reye..., ASTS Winter Symposium
- Liver Grafts Procured By Other Transplant Teams : Economic and Clinical Impact to a Single Transplant Center.Alex W Cantafio, MD, Paolo Salvalaggio MD PhD., Kara MacLeod MPH, Andre A. Dick MD, Jeffrey B. Halldorson MD, Ramasamy Bakthavatsalam MD, Jorge D. Reyes MD, ATC
- Join now to see all
- Ascension St. Vincent Indianapolis HospitalIndianapolis, Indiana
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: