Are you Dr. Heald?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 55 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office325 9th Ave
Seattle, WA 98104Phone(206) 744-3000
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Alison Heald, MD is an infectious disease specialist in Seattle, Washington. She is currently licensed to practice medicine in Washington and North Carolina. She is affiliated with UW Medicine/Harborview Medical Center.
Education & Training
- Duke University HospitalFellowship, Infectious Disease, 1995 - 1996
- Yale-New Haven HospitalResidency, Internal Medicine, 1986 - 1989
- Perelman School of Medicine at the University of PennsylvaniaClass of 1986
Certifications & Licensure
- WA State Medical License 2000 - 2022
- NC State Medical License 1992 - 2001
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Infectious Disease
- Safety Study of Single Administration Post-exposure Prophylaxis Treatment for Marburg Virus Start of enrollment: 2011 May 01Heald, A.,Vutikullird, A.B.
- Safety Study of Single Administration Post-Exposure Prophylaxis Treatment for Ebola Virus Start of enrollment: 2010 May 01Heald, A.,Smith, W.B.
- Study of Intra-articular Delivery of tgAAC94 in Inflammatory Arthritis Subjects Start of enrollment: 2005 Aug 01Heald, A.
- Phase 1 Dose Escalation Study of Intra-Articular Administration of tgAAC94 Start of enrollment: 2004 Feb 01Heald, A.
- Impact of Discontinuing PCP Prophylaxis in Subjects Receiving Antiretroviral Therapies Who Have Had Increases in CD4 Counts to > 200 Cells/mm3 Heald, A.,Koletar, S.,Murphy, R.
Publications & Presentations
- 5 citationsSafety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetics of radavirsen (AVI-7100), an antisense oligonucleotide targeting influenza a M1/M2 translation.John H. Beigel, Jocelyn Voell, Paula Muñoz, Parag Kumar, Kristina M. Brooks, Jianbo Zhang, Patrick L. Iversen, Alison E. Heald, Michael Wong, Richard T. Davey> ;British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. 2018 Jan 1
- 6 citationsDelayed Time-to-Treatment of an Antisense Morpholino Oligomer Is Effective against Lethal Marburg Virus Infection in Cynomolgus Macaques.Travis K. Warren, Chris A. Whitehouse, Jay Wells, Lisa S. Welch, Jay S. Charleston, Alison E. Heald, Donald K. Nichols, Marc E. Mattix, Gustavo Palacios, Jeffrey R. Ku...> ;PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases. 2016 Feb 22
- 12 citationsAVI-7288 for Marburg Virus in Nonhuman Primates and HumansAlison E. Heald, Jay S. Charleston, Patrick L. Iversen, Travis K. Warren, Jay B. Saoud, Mohamed Al-Ibrahim, Jay Wells, Kelly L. Warfield, Dana L. Swenson, Lisa S. Welc...> ;The New England Journal of Medicine. 2015 Jul 22
- Join now to see all
- Drug Might Fight Ebola-like Marburg VirusJuly 23rd, 2015
- UW Medicine/Harborview Medical CenterSeattle, Washington