Are you Dr. Zauner?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 33 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office2403 Castillo St
Santa Barbara, CA 93105Phone(805) 823-6688Fax(805) 617-1743
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Alois Zauner, MD is a neurosurgeon in Santa Barbara, California. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in California, Florida, and Virginia. He is affiliated with Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital, St. John's Regional Medical Center, and St. John's Pleasant Valley Hospital.
Education & Training
- Virginia Commonwealth University Health SystemResidency, Neurological Surgery, 1996 - 2001
- Virginia Commonwealth University Health SystemInternship, Transitional Year, 1995 - 1996
- University of Vienna Faculty of MedicineClass of 1988
Certifications & Licensure
- FL State Medical License 2003 - 2008
- CA State Medical License 2001 - 2022
- VA State Medical License 2000 - 2004
- American Board of Neurological Surgery Neurological Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FAANS) American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Most Compassionate Doctor American Registry
- Post Market Surveillance Study of the Wingspan Stent System Start of enrollment: 2013 Dec 01Michael J Alexander, M.D.;Wengui Yu, M.D.
Publications & Presentations
- 14 citationsThe WOVEN trial: Wingspan One-year Vascular Events and Neurologic Outcomes.Michael J. Alexander, Alois Zauner, Rishi Gupta, Amer Alshekhlee, Justin F. Fraser, Gábor Tóth, Curtis A. Given, Larami Mackenzie, Brian Kott, Ameer E Hassan, Harish S...> ;Journal of NeuroInterventional Surgery. 2021 Apr 1
- 72 citationsWEAVE Trial: Final Results in 152 On-Label Patients.Michael J. Alexander, Alois Zauner, John C Chaloupka, Blaise Baxter, Richard C Callison, Rishi Gupta, Shlee S. Song, Wengui Yu, Weave Trial Sites, Interventionalists> ;Stroke. 2019 Apr 1
- 7 citationsContinuous neuromonitoring using transcranial Doppler reflects blood flow during carbon dioxide challenge in primates with global cerebral ischemia.Bawarjan Schatlo, Sven Gläsker, Alois Zauner, B. Gregory Thompson, Edward H. Oldfield, Ryszard M. Pluta> ;Neurosurgery. 2009 Jun 1
- Join now to see all