Dr. Mutnal is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office5319 Hoag Dr
Sheffield Village, OH 44035Phone(440) 387-4607Fax(440) 387-4645
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Amar Mutnal is an orthopedic surgeon in Cleveland, OH and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including St. Vincent Charity Medical Center (primary), Mercy Regional Medical Center, and St. Vincent Charity Surgery Center. He received his medical degree from University of Michigan Medical School, completes Orthopaedic residency training at the Cleveland Clinic Main Campus, and orthopaedic surgery sports medicine fellowship at Methodist Sports Medicine/IU in Indianapolis. He also served as assistant team physician for the Indianapolis Colts. He has been in practice 11 years. He specializes in hip & knee reconstructive surgery and orthopedic sports medicine and is experienced in sports medicine, shoulder and elbow sports medicine, foot and ankle sports medicine, hip and knee sports medicine, and anterior total hip arthroplasty.
Education & Training
- Indiana University School of MedicineFellowship, Sports Medicine, 2014 - 2015
- Cleveland Clinic FoundationResidency, Orthopedic Surgery, 2012 - 2014
- Cleveland Clinic FoundationPost-Doctoral Fellowship, Orthopaedic Research Fellow, 2011 - 2012
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation - FloridaPost-Doctoral Fellowship, Orthopaedic Research Fellow, 2010 - 2011
- Case Western Reserve University - University HospitalsResidency, Orthopedic Surgery, 2006 - 2010
- University of Michigan Medical SchoolClass of 2006
- University of Michigan BS, Microbiology and Economics (Double Major), High Distinction, 1998 - 2002
Certifications & Licensure
- CO State Medical License 2017 - 2021
- IN State Medical License 2014 - 2017
- FL State Medical License 2010 - 2023
- MI State Medical License 2010 - 2023
- OH State Medical License 2006 - 2022
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Surgery
Publications & Presentations
- 3 citationsThe contribution of the acetabular labrum to hip joint stability: a quantitative analysis using a dynamic three-dimensional robot model.Tara F. Bonner, Robb Colbrunn, John Bottros, Amar Mutnal, Clay B. Greeson, Alison K. Klika, Antonie J. van den Bogert, Wael K. Barsoum> ;Journal of Biomechanical Engineering-transactions of The Asme. 2015 Jun 1
- 3 citationsEvaluation of wound healing after direct anterior total hip arthroplasty with use of a novel retraction device.Andres M. Alvarez-Pinzon, Amar Mutnal, Juan C. Suarez, Megan C. Jack, David Friedman, Wael K. Barsoum, Preetesh D. Patel> ;American journal of orthopedics. 2015 Jan 1
- 9 citationsComprehensive approach to the evaluation of groin painJuan C. Suarez, Erin E. Ely, Amar Mutnal, Nathania M. Figueroa, Alison K. Klika, Preetesh D. Patel, Wael K. Barsoum> ;Journal of The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. 2013 Sep 1
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: